2010.03.21 My Day

Well the weather has been lovely here today; the sun has been out the weather almost balmy reminiscent of a summers day. But today is the first full day of Spring and the promise of things to come. The season of rebirth, growth, survival, the resurgence of life after the long days of winter. This lovely weather is making me feel invigorated and strong, and that I have a deep root system that stands me in good stead. May all of you reach your potential and dreams in the weeks and months to come.

I have had a very pleasant day. Been doing some cleaning as is per the norm most weekends. I have also started to tidy some bits in the garden. The cats have had their freedom for most of the day and we have had no rain so they have been pleased to be out and about Then we went off to the garden centre and had a mooch around there. There was lots I would like, I am especially thinking fruit bushes, trees,canes, plants and food plants. I was particularly taken by a peach/nectarine tree - dwarf ones both off the same rootstock. We were able to take Missy round with us which was nice and she behaved herself well. I have been particularly interested in the different varieties of mushroom that are becoming available. In fact a couple of days ago I was only speaking to the OH about getting some logs, and mushroom impregnated plugs to grow our own in the garden. He didn't seem too keen, but whilst we were browsing today we not only found plugs but also grain impregnated with the spoor and a slightly different way of growing the mushrooms. OH treated me to a kit which is three fibre boards at £4.99 and we bought three packets of spoor back with us @ £3.49 a pack. The varieties we bought back are Shitake, Golden Oyster, and Pink Oyster. There are also Pearl Oyster and white and Chestnut Button mushrooms although the board kit is not suitable for these last two varieties.



















After our rummage round the Garden Centre we took her for a walk down by the river, but the wind started to get up a little and it was chilly; neither of us had taken a coat with us so it got more than a tad chilly and we were pleased to get into the warmth.


Lets just say little girl you have had a busy day so much so now all she wants to do is relax






We have had a lovely tea tonight, Roast lamb, studded with garlic and rosemary sprigs. Very tasty it was too. Served with mashed potatoes, peas, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower and lashings of gravy and mint sauce. Didn't have time to make a pudding, but then again I don't think we really needed one as we had loads to eat. Watched Countryfile which I love watching followed by Lark Rise to Candleford then the Seven Ages of Britain. Am currently watching Restoration Man. I like watching programmes where properties are restored to life and re-born like the Phoenix out of the ashes.

We have had Missy having a wappy moment earlier on. I have one of my 50th birthday balloons suspended off the curtain pole in the bedroom OH put the ceiling fan on as he is watching TV upstairs, which fluttered the balloon. She hasn't stopped barking since. I have removed the balloon and put it where she can't see it and she is still barking at it. Doh!
Hope you have all had a lovely weekend too.
Catch you all soon.
Pattypan
xx

Comments

  1. Ooohhh, what a sweet baby ;) Sounds like a nice weekend, sure wish I could get your shows here. BBC America is crap, with only a couple exceptions. Did I miss your b-day??? If so, please accept my belated happy birthday to you! Stay well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is lovely for the best part but gets grumpy and growly now and then - she has only just turned 20 weeks old; but she is generally very good natured and fussy a proper people dog. We have been lucky with the TV programmes of late. there is another on one tonight called Grow Your own drugs which uses everyday things and things in the hedgerow to make your own remedies at home. They did a set of programmes last year and then a Christmas special this is the new series.

    The balloons I refer to are from my 50th birthday celebrations from last May 3rd. I too am a Taurean - hence my love of grub and the expanding waistline to go with it!

    Take care and hope you and yours are keeping well.

    Lol

    Pattypan (aka Tricia)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts