A new Craft Book


I came across this book whilst having a mooch around Amazon the other day and I must say I am very pleased with it.  The projects are mostly "vintage" themed and some of the items used are vintage fabrics and recycled.  Like a beautiful handbag made out of some pretty fabric and a pansy flower crochet mat.  It looks stunning and would make a very individual gift.  A charming book with lots of lovely projects some of which I shall certainly make.  It has given me some ideas for Christmas presents.

Yet another lovely book by Debbie.  I have quite a few of the others and they all have something that I would want to make in them. In fact I have a long list of the things I would like to make lined up along with all the other things I have yet to complete and yet to start.

I also like the Sew Inspired Magazine and am especially interested in the smocking technique for making cushions and handbags.  I just need more time to actually play and concentrate on making things.

One day.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. Hiya Patty
    I brought the other book that she has brought out with Half Yard Vintage - it's the Sew Advent Calendar Book and that's good too - broughtbit to make some advent calendars for the Grandchildren - did you know that she's left Crafters Companium and Hochanda - starting out again on her own with Butterick on the Create and Craft channel and has done a few more u tube videos too - I didn't think very much of the last Sew Inspired Magazine as there was very little of Debbie in it, apparently CC own the rights to the magazine so it's whether they will continue with it - hope you are keeping well xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trudie, lovely to hear from you. Are you still enjoying your retirement. I have the Half Yard Vintage is a lovely book and I like the look of the Sew Advent Calendar book too. I had a suspicion that she had left but could not find anything to corroborate it. I think she is very good at needlework and also very good at encouraging people to have a go. I like her. I agree about the Sew Inspired and the lack of Debbie in the magazine is what aroused my suspicions. I am plodding along; its been a bit difficult on the health front this year - it sometimes goes like that. things happen you have to cope with them dust yourself dowmn and start all over again as in the words of the song. Take care sweetie/ Thanks for popping by. Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. You're as bad as me - all this inspiration, and no time to harness it. That looks a lovely book. I hope you get some spare time soon when your OH goes fishing . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Built of the same stuff - nothing wrong with that and if it encourages you then that's all that matters. Spare time is on the Christmas list this year. I have three days extra off at Christmas. The firm have given us the three days between Christmas and the New Year off - normally we have to work them but this year can hopefully do some more stuff that I want to do as well as enjoy Christmas at home.

      Catch you soon.

      Tricia (aka Pattypan)

      x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts