Kits N Bits and Bobs

I have been particularly naughty today having bought three expensive embroidery kits.


The first is a rose tablecloth.  I already have one of these to do and they are intended for my bedroom to go over two small round tables that we have as bedside tables.





The second is a Christmas table runner.



The third is a Christmas  tablecloth.



.

They were expensive there is no denying that however they did not have many left and I have been umming an arghhing for quite some time over these.  They are not going to be worked in a day and it is going to take some time, but if I have them at least I can work them in my own leisure rather than go back and not be able to get them.  I thought that I might start them over Christmas and work at them so hopefully I have them all finished for next Christmas.  Now that is early planning.  It might be useful for me to sew over the weekend or an evening where I have quite a reasonable amount of time in which to do some concentrated embroidery.

There is also an ulterior motive with the two Christmas ones. My dining table is a lot larger and I thought with the combination of the small tablecloth and the long runner that I might be able to trace the pattern off and then source the fabric and embroidery threads to work an even bigger cloth.  I have the corners on the smaller cloth and the straight lines on the runner.  It may need to have to be adapted but we shall see once I have the tracings done.  That is the plan in any event but once worked they will be heirlooms in their own right.  I intend to take my time with these and get them worked properly.

Embroidery was one of my first loves with crafting.  I was taught to do the basic stitches at Junior School and have done various bits on and off ever since.  I am not a master but I get by and each piece I do I endeavour to do better than the piece before.  This year I have bought a lot of embroidery pieces to work some smaller some bigger including some Rowandean kits direct from the dealer and also off of ebay.  There are a lot of projects but I suppose I am stockpiling while I can for a time where I will not be able to afford to do so and at least it is going to keep me occupied from now onwards into the interminable future.

I have also bought some more patchwork fabric; Christmas inspired as usual.  Not sure what I am going to do with this at the moment but it spoke to me.  The Poinsettia one at the top really is and I am considering buying some for making a Christmas tablecloth as well.



Yesterday I bought a new glue gun as I have some Christmas tree decorations to make.  They are small projects and I hope to get them done this weekend and then show you what I have been up to.  It involves paint, a glue gun, whole five spice, larch cones, cardboard etc.  No doubt I will end up in a sticky mess I always do.  Oh and maybe a little bit of glitter.  I have also seen these Christmas decorations made out of old loo roll innards (the cardboard tube) which look really effective and cost next to nothing.


I have a lot of paper crafts to do as well including some miniature Christmas crackers for the Christmas tree.

Last year from Colemans I managed to buy some rather seasonal fabric at not very much for a fat quarter.  I have managed to find some more to go with what I bought last year and together with some plain red cotton I am hoping to make the fabric into some patchwork place mats.  I keep threatening things but am not always able to get to them so we shall see how I get on.  Once I get organised in the craft room/computer room things will be a lot easier.  Still have a lot to do though as I need to rehome some of the stuff I am taking out somewhere else in the house.  I also have two sets of the plastic drawers stuffed with a lot of my paper crafting stuff and the other with haberdashery bits and bobs to get into the craft room yet together with my embroidery sewing machine.  I also have my other new sewing machine which is very good basic machine.  So there is a lot to squeeze in and that is without all the other stuff I have.

Oh and by the way I have purchased two little fir cone wreaths today ( I think they are larch cones) they have been dyed red and I thought that they would go superbly with some garlands I bought last year and also match in with my other Christmas decorations.  So not going badly thus far.





I know I am lucky very lucky and I am very much hoping to have lots of play time ahead.

Catch you shortly.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Some goodies there Tricia. I love the tablecloths you have to embroider. Each a long-term project, as you said, but real heirloom pieces. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleased with them, but this is how I go - I stockpile with most things whilst I can which means I have something to keep me occupied long term and amused when things are not so good. Just a bit of preplanning on my part. xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts