Busy already

I am not a lady that lunches for today at least.  I am confined to barracks sorting out the garden a bit  more and also housework "Yuk"  I would rather be lunching than do housework but there we are. It is what it is. Need to knuckle down a bit and get some more stuff done. 

By 8:30am today I had received a delivery of a three tier Ercol tea trolley and I am chuffed to little bits with it.  Its another piece to the complicated jigsaw that has fallen into place.  It is made of elm but the colour seems to blend in beautifully with my pine furniture.  It will be very useful in any event.  My aunt never had the tea trolley but she had the kitchen furniture which I have posted about recently.

These are the photos on the advert for sale off Ebay:




It will be ideal for Sunday afternoon tea in both summer and winter especially with some of the new to me china displayed on it.  Just needs a bit of cleaning down and also a good bit of beeswax polish and elbow grease.  I think it will fit in nicely with my take on country cottage.  Its about getting key pieces in place as well.  There are a lot of these tea trolleys on Ebay or have been but most were asking £150 plus.  I paid less than £50 so I don't think I have done too bad a job.  Sometimes with Ebay I just browse for several weeks looking for particular items and watching the prices very carefully I then make my decisions as to what is available and set my limit.  If I win it - then so be it.  Equally if one gets away there is always next time.  As I have said before I do not like to pay through the nose for things and I always have a good look about before bidding.

Right I had better get a wriggle on I am just about to get myself a nice cup of tea and have a few minutes before starting on the garden again.  There is no peace for the wicked!

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts