Planning and plotting - a New Tablecloth

I bought some tea cloths recently from a local shop  which are nicely patterned and plain with the idea of turning them into a new tablecloth for the dining room table.  They cost £6 for a set of three.  I  bought six sets and have just ordered some additional linen material to add to them. I have a very large eight seater table six down the side and two carvers. Hopefully the linen will arrive this week.  This is all in beige and cream.  I also plan to make some knapkins.  The cloths are all uneven sizes so I will need to standardise them but that is no big shakes and easily achieved with the aid of a pair of very sharp scissors.

Here are the tea towels



Here is the fabric I have ordered

The plain cream

The Rose patterned linen both of these two go well together.

The plain linen for use on the tablecloth.  I have bought two metres of each of the linens.




OH is planning on going fishing on the Bank Holiday weekend and I wanted something simple to do as a first project on my new main sewing machine which I have not tackled either.  Some of the tea towels have butterflies on so that I thought to tie everything in and as a first project on the embroidery machine that I would make some knapkins with a butterfly or butterflies' motif on them. Just something to tie them in with the cloth itself and maybe a few embroidered butterflies as accents on the cloths as well.  With him potentially being away this will be an ideal opportunity for me to sit and have a little play and have the needed time to do it.  This is what I am planning in any event.  I need to be able to produce some presents for Christmas and also for birthday presents etc. as well. The best bit about this is that I am creating something for my home which is unique to me and my home.

I have also ordered some rose patterned linen as well for another project and may order some more yet.

This is the best bit about creating things at home as you are able to play and produce something original.

Monday the computer/sewing/craft room is going to be sorted out so that I can actually get to play at the end of the week and possibly get all my sewing paraphernalia together in readiness for that purpose.

Right had better get a wriggle on.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts