Starting to unravel

……. thirty two years of clutter.

I have been sorting out a few new things this morning and getting them packed away as they are for future projects and decorating purposes. Stuff already bought in respect of doing a room up or that I have acquired along the way.  I have packed them away as I need the space for day to day living at the moment.  I am also very determined to get this house sorted out so that I can set up my business the sooner the better.

In fact as a result of that I have also started to go through my wardrobe.  One complete hanging rail has been deposited at the Charity Shop = two full bin bags.  All stuff that I will never wear or majorly too big for me these days. There is still a load more stuff to go. I tend to hang on to clothes as my weight fluctuated that much at one stage, but in the last 8 years or so have lost steadily and kept it off not by doing much special so the over large stuff although comfy needed to go to make way for the new.  Is that me really saying that - have I been taken over by an alien??? 

In case you had not gathered I am a clutter monkey.  Most of it is to do with my crafting and so will not immediately go.  The clothes however are another thing.  In all honesty I also had some new clothes to go on the rail and I could not get them on not many but enough.

Its a little start and a big thing for me as its like a security blanket an emotional thing.  Little steps lead to large strides.  I need to declutter to bring in the future.  I have a dream and I want to live it.

The Charity shop were pleased with the donation - some of the jumpers had never been worn and were from my mum's.  I was ready to let go of them, after three years.  Its never easy cutting the ties and moving on - moving forward we all have to in our own time and space.

I have also a lot of paperwork to sort out as well - I have hung on to it as OH and I are not married and things can become complicated if you cannot prove that this or that is yours should anything happen that had not been planned but I intend to sort this out as well.  Get the scanner going and then get it all sorted and on to the computer.  It is going to take a lot of work, but that can be sorted separately to the house.  It might also help with the house inventory a little as well.

OH is not going to be pleased as the offside of dealing with issues is that the rest of the house becomes untidy.  He will just have to live with it!

Right upwards and onwards.

Catch you later on.

Tricia

x

Comments

  1. It sounds like you are happy giving away clothes, I like to do that too. When I buy clothes (or a book) I give away that same amount or more when possible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts