Christmas PJs and Bits and Bobs

Last night's tea ended up being home made chicken stir fry with sticky Jasmine rice.  Ready in 45 minutes and I cheated by using a bought sauce but I always add extra tomato, onion, pineapple and any other veggie bits and bobs that can be used up so it does end up being padded out quite a bit.  However it went down very nicely.

After working on the boxes again yesterday I had to sit for a while last  night as my back was complaining -its a little easier this morning but still have to be steady.

So far today I have watched a programme on Sewing Quarter this morning "Christmas Pyjamas" presented by a lady called Jules. Ostensibly it was after selling a PJ pattern and fabric but  I was struck with the quality of her demonstration and the simple shortcuts around things.  Very informative and I learned a lot in a very short space of time. Initially when I clicked on to watch it was as a waiting break before watching something else. I had not seen her before but I shall watch out for her programmes again.  I think the sewing machine is going to get some hammer during the new year starting off with simple things that can be given as presents.  I have a stash of fabric in any event and there is also a market stall in town as well as being able to source good quality cotton off Ebay.  So the family could well end up with sewn gifts for pressies next year.  PJs in pretty printed cottons and plains would be good for other occasions as well.  Will see what happens.

I think the lady who demonstrated/tutored was called Jules Fallon.  Fabulous I think I could learn a lot from her.  

Whilst on the Sewinq Quarter website looking for a pattern I came across this tutorial for making your own PJs using an old pair of PJs as a pattern.  These ones are made from a floral cotton and teamed with a plain Tee shirt (you can always add some trim) and I believe would make lovely, and  comfortable 
lounge-wear/night-wear.



The link is here 



I think my family always bought new PJs for Christmas Eve so my thinking is that I may well do this for the extended family for next Christmas.  If I can source some nice Christmassy fabric in the sales I will do.  Will be a nice simple way to get used to the sewing machine.  I need new PJs in any event. This might be a good way for me to de-stash my stash!

I was supposed to have met up with my friend today for lunch but she cannot make it.  We have not seen each other for about a month now and she is not free in the next few weeks either - its just how it goes. It has not been helped by this cold that I have had.  I could not have made next week anyway as I am at the hospital!

Right am off to start more work in relation to the boxes.

Will catch up later on.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I record Sewing Quarter and then whizz through it to see if there are any tutorials that interest me as they usually have at least two each day. As well as the dressmaking they have quilting, cross stitch, embroidery and other sewing crafts. It is a really good channel although it does get a bit addictive at times. Jules Fallon is a brilliant demonstrator and does a lot of overlocker makes. I am watching some Sewing Quarter as I type this message. It is happy telly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah have been following on and off from the start but I run out of time to always watch the tutorials. Just caught me right this morning. Anything craft is addictive and gets me into all sorts of bother xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts