Voyage of Discovery

It looks as though over Christmas and the New Year is going to be a crafting one.  I have found another stash of fabric which I had bought for patchwork and had forgotten about.  I may yet realise my dream in making my own patchwork quilt yet.  









I have also found the pieces for my Hexie English heirloom style hand pieced quilt as well so that is definitely going to be dragged out and put into production which is made predominantly of Laura Ashley and Cath Kidston fabrics in pinks, creams and greens. I have thought about adding in some Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady fabric that I have as well. All in the same colourway. I can do a little of this each evening as a massive WIP if I get myself into gear and that may well help it speed a long a bit.   I started this last year but I did not get much done so I really do need to get a wriggle on with this one.




I have also found jelly rolls, for simple quilts/throws which I may well start with first until I get used to what I am doing.  I have also found pre-cut pieces which I am going to assemble in a nine-patch style with the fabrics I have and then blend them with plains and other fabrics on a similar colour line.  I do need to source some plains though.










One of the reasons the patchwork has been put to one side is that I have a desk which also acts as a cutting table and where I set up my machine.  However it has loads of stuff all over it and is not clear for action.  This will come.

I really have to get stuck in with what I have and get it completed. So that is on the New Year's Resolution list yet again but am determined to get there.  After all it is the Artisan style individual pieces that for me really make a home.

Earlier today I set about sorting through the second button tin that came from my mum's home.  This I believe is her button box as I found buttons from jumpers she had made for me as a littley which brought back a few memories as well as lots of more white and pearlized buttons.  These are not as old as in my Nan's tin but they do go back 60 years.  I am only half way through sorting through but there are going to be a few more buttons for the Christmas ornaments from here and I believe there is another tin to go through.

I have also picked up a small UFO x 2 that I started last year.  For the best part I had worked the covers to two hot water bottle covers for my bedroom. I am aiming to get these finished this week so that they can be put into use and then that is also another item off the UFO list.  I am working these in blue, pink and white wool.  I have to make an inner case either out of Calico or cotton.  I have made the pattern up as I have gone along on this and have not followed a pattern.

We have paid a visit to the freezer and dragged out a load more things for eating during the week including chicken, pork, lamb, mince, and stewing steak.  We have some lemon sole for tea.

So there is lots of stuff going on and I am still trying to make inroads into the bedroom.  Slowly, slowly catch a monkey.

Right am off for another potter.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Right, if I were you I would buy a large storage box and label it "W.I.P." Place the things you have discovered in it - those you do intend to work on - and leave the box where you will constantly fall over it so you won't forget that there are things you want to finish. I am one of the world's worst for starting excitedly on another project before finishing another, but every now and then I make sure something IS finished. Make a list if you want and put it over your kettle to remind you! Perhaps work on the items which don't need anything else buying before you can work on them, and that way you won't be tempted to buy any more for your stash.

    First thing tomorrow, find another box for all the stuff which is over your craft table and clear it. Then you have no excuse!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts