New Year New Broom

I have two days at home without any social arrangements and I want to make the best of them as I am still following through on my cleaning.  However I do have an appointment at the hospital tomorrow for an echocardiogram test that my arthritis consultant ordered when I went to see him last year.  He is keeping tabs on me and on the progression of the nasty conditions that I have.  Thus far have managed to keep them under control although the osteoarthritis is playing up. That is how I want to keep it.  The osteoarthritis is the lesser of the conditions whereas the others can cause all sorts of problems.  

Update:  I started this post on Sunday night and have only just got back to it.  I have since been for the echocardiogram and got that out the way with.  I think I will receive notification if there are any problems.  It is official I have a heart and it had had a good work out before I went for the testing as I had walked all the way to the hospital and then all the way back.  There was an awful lot of sloshing going on on the speaker (sounded like a washing machine in full wash) which apparently is good as you don't want a dry heart.  It was slightly uncomfortable as they have to press in the instrument on the skin to get the photographs and readings that they are looking for.  Took about 20 minutes all told.

The kitchen needs doing again and as this room gets most of the use on the cooking front I am intent that should be kept under control.  I also have the dining room to tackle as well.  So these are my goals for this week and this is where most of my efforts will be centred.  

I need to do some more decorating but that is not going to happen until the cleaning and tidying is sorted.  I am trying to be disciplined and trying to stop myself biting off more than I can chew, which I realise I do.  So if I can focus and get stuck in and get what needs to be done - well done then I shall be one seriously happy bunny.  It will not be due to lack of effort but sometimes I am my own worst enemy.  

OH is on holiday next week which he told me at the weekend.  So will hopefully have some help around the house with the decluttering etc.  There is a lot to do so I am going to line some jobs up for him that really need doing.  So my week is going to be hectic by the looks of things this week and next.  However it all needs doing and it could be that the week's holiday is going to be nicely placed.  He may not think so by the end of the week though.

We have the sun out today and the temperature is more moderate.  Even though it is not as cold as it usually is the cold has been getting to me this year despite the many layers.  However as I seem to have lost a little more weight I actually don't feel as encumbered as I normally do.  I am managing to walk three or four times a week averaging well over a mile each time and I think it is doing me a lot of good. If it is cold I am stiffer and so the walk takes longer but I have been told to keep moving so that is what I am trying to do. My foot has its moments but as long as I am in sensible footwear it has been holding up well which I am pleased about.  So this coming year I am hoping to be a bit lighter yet.  I am the lightest I have been for many years but I could still do with being a bit lighter.  I am not eating as much bread, sugary stuff or too many carbs and although I am not following a diet it seems to be working for me.  Everything in moderation seems to be for me working and I do not feel deprived in the process.  

I have got to try and stay positive - I really want to do some crafting but my mind will not settle for me to be able to focus.  That is what I need to do this year focus!

Catch you all later on.  I have a new broom am just trying to learn just how it works - it's turbo powered you know!

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Glad your heart is sloshing properly.I've had a test where I could see the heart pumping and hear it, quite fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard a different of couple acoustic versions during the testing but could not see anything on the screen. I had to lay on my left side facing a wall. One of the problems with the scleroderma is that if the condition is starting to worsen it affects the lungs and the heart quite badly. As it was eight years ago when I was last tested he decided to run the tests just as an update. I have been told that I am in better condition with this particular problem than I was when they first got hold of me. As long as it carries on sloshing and my body behaves itself I am more than okay. Take care Tricia xx

      Delete
  2. One day at a time Tricia, my first job of the day is to get Herbie and Ben out and then after a cuppa or 3 I do the kitchen. Then after walking Herbie and Rufus it is time for the bathroom whizz round and make the bed..Everything else has to be fit in as and when. I am lucky in that the SO does most of the vacuuming,dusting and polishing when he is not working. We made the move to Wales to help his asthma, he does not need to work full time and can do what he loves. The clean air is a real boon and I walk so much more now which seems to have helped with the sciatica. I do sometimes think about a little part time job but then realise that it is never going to happen, I am far too busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, my Dad always used to say one day at a time and it is something I frequently say also. Not following my own advice. I am looking at improving and changing my routine to getting any cooking done or prepared (if not already) first thing in the morning. My OH does not do anything housework wise - have tried but it is more work picking up after him so I tend to do it myself for ease and quickness. However it does frustrate me at times. I have been having tiredness and energy issues again. I should know better by now but when it fades boy does it fade quickly. I wish I was in the countryside instead of in town. I am far happier there. One day. I will get there eventually. Late developer me! Take care. Tricia xx

      Delete
  3. Patty
    I factor in Thursdays, as my sewing day - I don't do anything else round the house on that day apart from washing up and making the bed - that is my day for me to sew, think, concentrate and make something for either my home, my Childrens homes, Birthday or Christmas presents or Christmas decorations. So just as a suggestion
    perhaps if you allowed yourself, just one day a week to play and craft, you'd perhaps be more focused when it came to what you want achieve in the house, after all life can't be all work and no play otherwise it ends up as just an existence just a thought Patty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Trudie, I like the idea and it is something I may well adopt. I am looking at making changes to my current routine at the moment and I really need a day like you say to play. That way round if I get anymore time on top it would be a bonus, but at least during that one day I should be able to produce some things. Especially as the plan is for me to make as many Christmas presents as I can myself this year. I have looked at a couple of table runner tutorials using patchwork tonight and also a Christmas quilt using jelly rolls. The lady who demonstrated made it look quite easy and I thought it might be something I could make for my step-daughter and daughter-in-law as part of their Christmas parcels. However I am going to start out with the recycled shirt quilt first as I have nearly all the fabric to hand for that. One of my problems is that when doing anything new I am extremely cautious until I find my way around things. That slows me down to start with. I tend to take my time when really I should be jumping in having a go and learning that way on. It should be interesting. Thinking out loud it might have to be a Monday or a Tuesday when I played as I usually have arrangements on the other days. Thank you for suggesting, that could be my way forward. Lovely to hear from you and hope you are keeping well. Take care Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Patty, I've been doing patchwork now for the last 4 years and I'm u tube taught - I've learned from watching lots of u tube tutorials - I love to watch Jennie from Missouri Star Quilt Company - she's really good and another is the Midnight Quilter too. The Midnight Quilter says that an imperfect finished quilt is far better than a unfinished perfect quilt and she's right. I've found that the more I've done, the better I've got. My Grandchildrens quilts may not be perfect, but they use them every day throughout the winter and they love them and thats all that matters - we're all capable of seeing faults in our work that other people dont see and learning as we go at our own pace is the best way to learn.
      You've got a lovely sewing machine and best of all you've got that Accuquilt machine to cut out all your pattern pieces absolutely perfectly, so all you need is a good steam iron and you'll be just fine.
      Sometimes I change my sewing day, if there's something else on but I always try to have 'my day'. I record all my makes on Instagram, if you ever go on there, let me know and I'll let you know my username on there, I've also got into redwork embroidery, which is lovely for Christmas decorations and quilts.
      Enjoy your time sewing Patty, after all the years we've both worked outside the home, we're entitled to some 'down' time now ☺☺
      Take care xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts