A long day

I was up with the lark this morning getting up with OH.  Since then, the best part of the day has involved doing lots of washing and getting it dry outside.  I now have a big bag of ironing to do, the first of quite a lot of washing.   The bonus is that the washing smells oh so lovely and fresh.  A favourite smell just like fresh baked bread. I shall continue with the task tomorrow.

The shed has been painted, a couple of planters and two fence panels.  I still have a lot more fence and planters left to do.  I am having to clear rubbish on the part of the garden I have not touched yet and having to work down a panel at a time.  So I aim to do at least a couple of  more panels tomorrow. I have quite a bit of weeding to do as well down the side of the fence. Quite a lot of the rubbish which has already been sorted will then be bagged up and popped into the front garden tomorrow as well.  OH can then take us to the tip at the weekend.

I got the varnish stripper on the stone shed door and that will be scrubbed off tomorrow, allowed to dry and then be rubbed down in preparation for putting a top coat on.  I have not used this before.  It seems to be wrinkling off okay so I am hoping it will behave itself.  I have a few projects in the house that require paint stripper to be used so I am very interested is to how it comes out and whether the finish will be good enough. I have windowsills and the fireside cupboard as projects. Also have the windowsills on the downstairs windows to tidy up and the main back garden gate.

If the weather is good tomorrow the toilet will be scrubbed out top to bottom and allowed to dry.  Once dry I can then add the damp paint to the walls and allow it to dry.  That means putting the cats into the dining room only for a little while.

I am also hoping to have a little play tomorrow well an initial pre-play.  I have a mirror which is currently drying out it got slightly wet.  Once dry I intend to sand it down then stain it.  I also have a swing mirror in the bathroom, which I think I am going to do as well in the same colourway. That will need stripping down as well.  Will see how it comes up first as to what I then do with it.  I want both mirrors to match for the bathroom.

We had Bubble and Squeak, Fried egg and corned beef for tea.  Went down very nicely.

Not sure what we will be eating tomorrow.  Will sort something out.  Might be pasta of some description.  Might not.

Right off to prep for tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts