Collecting Perfume Bottles

Following on about my previous post about perfume, I have a whole collection of different perfume bottles.  I started collecting as a reaction to a school project my friend and I had been set as part of an open day school project to show prospective parents that we were encouraged in all different ways not just academic but creative as well.  It predominantly started with Avon perfume bottles a lot of which I still have and indeed the perfume bottle collection came first.  My liking for perfume was second.


They are currently packed in all different boxes but the idea in the longer term is to have a display case with quite a few of them in.  There are so many different shaped bottles out there and many of them are a piece of art in themselves.  I have the Thierry Mugler Angel Star and also the L'air De Temps by Nina Ricci bird, a little oil lamp with shade, Pierrot by Avon and lots of others so it will be fab to get them into a proper display case.  There are so many beautiful bottles out there still to be collected.  I am always looking to add to the collection.

Perfume and bottles are a touch of history; a lingering scent and a beautiful bottle all intertwined with a history or a memory of a friend or a loved family member.

For me the scent that reminds me most of my mum is Paris.  It always smelt lovely on her but it is not one that I can wear.  I have been told that perfume does not always smell right on me as my skin is slightly acidic. I found that out in Jersey at the Elizabeth Ardern shop.  I cannot remember the name of the perfume but it did not smell right on me.  Fortunately for me the assistant was honest and gave advice on what I should be looking for. It is just  knowing the perfumes that suit you best.

Today has been a quiet one, my back is uncomfortable so I have been taking things easy.  I managed to do some more rows on my crochet blanket that I am still working on.  Need to get some more turquoise wool though.  Once this one is done will start another one as need a batch of new rugs in any event.  Crochet is good for me to pick up and put down when there are only a few moments to spare and makes me feel as though I am producing something useful. 

Still loads and loads to do though.  Need to address lots of things.

Right upwards and onwards.                           

Will be tomorrow evening before I am around.

Take care

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I remember the first time I smelt "Chloe" on a friend and thought it lively. But on my skin it reacted badly and smelled horrid. Do you have an Issy Miyake "eau d'issey" bottle? They are an elegant conical shape. My daughter gave me some - I'd be happy to send you the bottle once it's empty. Email me! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts