Sorry I have not been about

It has been a busy day.  It started with an appointment for other half with eye screening as part of his diabetes control.  I went with him and took my crochet with me.  I found more grey wool and decided to work four more squares.  Nearly worked a complete square whilst I was waiting for his lordship.

It would appear that he has cataracts in both eyes.  One is a very rare one which he was born with.  The other has arrived.  His mum (grandmother) had cataracts in both of her eyes.  They are going to keep an eye on him (excuse the pun).

From there we came home and then walked Missy.  Came back for a little while.  I had washing and other bits to do which I did.  I unfortunately managed to miss an appointment on Friday and so had re-booked it for today and had to be there for 2:20pm; this time I managed to attend.

On the way home I nipped into B & M and was quite impressed with their prices at the moment especially on soap powder, fabric conditioner and also loo rolls.  Shall be going shopping come pay day.

On my return home it was time to bath Missy she was in need of a wash and a brush up; I let her dry off and then we walked her later.  She has been curled up ever since flat out.

This evening we have used up half of the chicken sliced with a stir fry pack, plus extra veggies like Kale and peas, noodles, stem ginger, tinned pineapple, a sauce mix.  It has cooked up well and we have had a lovely tea.

Tomorrow I plan on cooking pork steaks, potatoes, kale, cabbage, peas and carrots.  I also intend to use the meat from the chicken carcass to make chicken stew and then the carcass will be used to make stock for soup.  So we will have had our money's worth out of the chicken.

I managed to do a load of washing today and got it dry.  I am hoping that tomorrow is going to be another fine day so that I can get more washing done and dried on the line.

Right off to get OH ready for work tomorrow - he returns and is on earlies so it will be an early start tomorrow for both of us.  I also have a luncheon appointment tomorrow.

Hopefully will catch up again sometime tomorrow.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. You made productive use of your time while waiting during the eye checkup for OH. That is one of the (many) simple things I miss, now that I am a widow, doing doctor appointments together. It is somehow reassuring to have your OH there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts