Home Made Vermouth

I have been nosing through my books again and I have come across this recipe which I intend to try (once I have enough wine saved up to use) - Its a real excuse for drinking red wine - well I think it is.

The Recipe comes from the Organic Cafe Cookbook by Carol Charlton ISBN No 0-7153-0940-4.

Peel 2 oranges (2 per bottle of wine) so that the peel comes away in one lovely looping piece. Hang up to dry for at least 2 weeks. Collect the bottle ends of red wine and put into a lidded preserving jar topping up each time you have some remnants of red wine. Once you have enough wine together to make a couple of bottles of wine place the dried orange peel in a wine bottle with brown sugar to taste and pour in the wine. Cork and leave to stand for a minimum of 2 weeks until the wine has soaked up the taste of the orange peel and the sugar has replaced the taste of vinegar. Serve and enjoy

Comments

Popular Posts