Getting stuck in

Monday

The necessary work in the kitchen has started.  Slow but it has started and I am getting stuck in.  Have managed to clear a little bit of rubbish today but still a long way to go.

I have currently stopped to get tea on the go.  The lamb together with roast potatoes is in and cooking gently.  I am very much looking forward to this.  I am serving it with petit pois, cauliflower, carrots, steamed cabbage with lashings of gravy.

Monday update:

Dinner was so tasty and the lamb had a lot of flavour.  I normally cook it studded with garlic but just did it plain.  Still a heck of a lot of flavour.  I shall use the left overs in Posh Shepherd's pie for tea on Wednesday night.  

Tomorrow night's tea is going to be beef stew with mashed potatoes and then for afters Strudel and custard.  Yum.

Tuesday

Back into the kitchen again however not much progress made as I had to stop to sort one of the cupboards out.  I have been unable to locate stuff I know I have and as I cook most days it is stuff I do not want to go out and duplicate unnecessarily.  So it needs sorting as a priority. Another diversion.

Then had to get tea on. We have beef stew with carrot, swede, peas, onion, parsnip and leek in it.  It will be a good warming meal for OH and myself especially as the weather has been so vile today.  We have mixed berry strudel with custard for pudding.

Tuesday update:

Tea went down a treat with plenty of gravy to soak up with bread.  I sometimes think that is the best thing about stew - the gravy.  I always think stew is best the day after cooking but sadly there was none of ours left to do this way as OH got dunking and polished it off.

Wednesday

Got stuck in again.  Still not getting on very well.  It is a slow old grind.  Did another cupboard for the same reasons.  Not looking as getting on very well but at least cupboards are starting to get sorted and will not need much fussing as they are sorted in the greater scheme of things.

Wednesday update:

We have had Ratatouille and cold lamb.  Yummy.  There is still plenty of lamb left. Posh Shepherds pie it is for Friday night.

It has been sunny here today for a change, but it has now gone bitterly cold again.  So I nipped to the shop to get a meal sorted for tomorrow. Fancied a change. We have a roast chicken with all the veggies for tea tomorrow night which should go down very nicely.  Will get a good tea out of it and then Saturday we can have chicken and chips and I will maybe get a bit of a chicken stew and then stock from the carcass.  Fingers crossed.  Need solid food in this weather and it is forecast to be really cold at the weekend.

So it is a little backwards and a little forward.

Have had another cave in, in the back room and so am getting stuck in, in trying to get the stacking correct.  Also re-organising some of the boxes which is the time consuming bit.  Oh well.

Just the depth that varies.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts