Slow Going

The kitchen that is.  I spent the better part of last night in there sorting things out, washing, drying etc. I also had the washing machine and tumble drier on the go.  I shall be glad when the dishwasher is here on Saturday as I have an awful lot to do.  Have to go through all the cupboards in the kitchen and get them all sorted out, re-arrange some of them and then tubs for the top of the units to put stuff away in and keep bits clean.  Such a tiny kitchen and little storage and I like cooking and have lots of equipment - it is a passion and a hobby.  Will get there eventually just not as quickly as I had hoped.  So it will be full on in the kitchen again today.

I managed to cut my foot yesterday and whatever had caused it was a deep cut.  Found the culprit later on a glass had fallen down against a box and I had backed up against it.  It has been removed so that it can not do any further damage.

Once the kitchen is clear I have a couple of projects that I want OH to deal with.  I have a small multi-function cooker with a rotisserie in it and I want it to go under the kitchen counter out of the way where the small fridge used to sit.  There is a storage area there now, and it wants splitting up with a couple of shelves so that I can get the microwave and the electric cooker in there.  The plugs can then feed up the back of the counter out of the way to the socket.

Later today, I suspect much later OH is going to have to tackle the old dish washer which is cream-crackered and get that out of the house into the front garden in readiness for delivery of the new dishwasher on Saturday morning. It sits on the worktop above the washing machine.

Whilst I am working away cleaning and sorting I have the radio on for company and there are frequent pit stops for a drink here and there. It will be an early start to get as much as I can get done and out of the way with and give everything a good clean in the process. Lots of disinfectant too.  Always makes the house smell nice.

Late last night I managed to work a couple of more squares on my crochet.  However, tonight when I sit down I intend to get on with the embroidery cushion I have started.  Will show progress later on.

Last night I also managed to hand write a couple of more recipes for my recipe folder up.  Trying to do this with all my favourite recipes and some new to me recipes as well.  The hope is I will be better prepared for next year with the recipes all in one place so that instead of spending precious time looking for the recipe it is in one place and I can get on with things an awful lot quicker.  

Getting the fridge freezer next week is also going to help quite substantially especially on the preserving front for storing fruit and veg.  The new fridge freezer is a Samsung American style fridge.  Sadly it does not have the ice dispenser or drinks dispenser.  This would need plumbing in and practically speaking this is not easily achievable in this house as the fridge/freezer has to go into the dining room. I am very much looking forward to getting this installed so that I can get back to keeping a stock of things in-house like I used to do before the fridges went caput.

Have some preserving to do over the weekend once the kitchen is sorted. There is still quite a lot to do.  Will probably end up dealing with this early evening, whilst listening to the radio as usual.

I hate the sorting out side of things, but I always love it when the house is tidy and clean.

We did not get into the garden to get rid of the rubbish that may have to happen at the beginning of next week.  We are going to have at least a couple of trips to the tip in any event and we have another old fridge/freezer in the garden that is going to be collected a week on Wednesday together with the old dishwasher, and the two old fridges.  We still need to organise another collection of the old chest deep freeze and also the old upright freezer of my mums, both of which are dead more's the pity. Sorting the shed might be a job for later on next week.

I tell you it is just the depth that varies.

By the time this is posted I should be well in the swing of things.

Catch you later on.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Don't overdo things my dear. Especially when carrying extinct white goods is in the mix! Your new fridge sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sound of your new fridge/freezer. Don’t work too hard, plenty ot tea/coffee/wine breaks, and crafting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts