It has arrived

 I was late to bed  last night getting ready for the arrival of the fridge freezer.  I had everything nice and warm in the house and it was therefore a bit of a shock to be met when I went out to take some rubbish of the first real hard frost of the season.  Brhh was it cold.

We have today had a successful delivery and now have a fridge finally. Not the one we had originally ordered, but I am still extremely pleased with the quality of the larder fridge we have purchased.  This fridge has two drawers in the bottom and plenty of shelves.  This fridge is not plumbed in at all but there is a water dispenser in the fridge which is a manual one  and which can be accessed via a dispenser on the outside of the fridge  which I can foresee is going to be extremely useful when it comes to making pastry or indeed cooling fruit down quickly as well as for nice long cold drinks. 

Here is the link to the model we ordered.

Samsung Larder fridge 




Still to get a new deep chest freezer but things are starting to happen and we are slowly getting there.

Now to get back into the rhythm of making things again.  I am thinking sourdough starters, home made yogurt, kefir milk and water. Home made cheese, including goat's cheese which I absolutely love, flavoured goats cheese Crotins in oil and flavoured Feta and lots of good home cooking. There are lots of simple things you can do to make your meals interesting and flavourful which are not too complicated to do.  Now I have the fridge I am going to play with a recipe I have in mind for an white chocolate orange flavoured liqueur.

I have also managed to get my coffee beans and ground coffee into the fridge for longer keeping as well as a bag of whole beans which I have another idea for.

We have already ordered in a load of cheese for Christmas, Baron Bigod, a Brie, Gorgonzola and some Stilton.  We normally have Stinking Bishop but when I asked OH if he wanted me to order he said not this time.  We both love this cheese.

We have a Tassimo machine and ordered in different coffees and creamers in bulk for the stuff we are more than likely to use on a regular basis.  They arrived the other day and work out a lot cheaper to buy in bulk online.

We also paid a visit to the Butcher and came back with Fillet steaks x 2, 1lb of Gloucester Sausages, a coil of Cumberland sausage, 1lb of bacon, some Ox-Tail, Barnsley chops x 2, some different cheeses including a pickled onion cheese.

We have ordered a 15lb Bronze Turkey, a 2 rib of beef, bacon and sausage-meat for Christmas itself, so slowly we are getting sorted.

We had the fillet steak with mushrooms and fried onions and home cooked chips for tea and it all went down very nicely.

We have an early start again in the morning though.  We are off to see the fish man to get topped up and then when we come back OH and his daughter are off to the tip to start getting rid of the rubbish that we have been sorting out.  I have a hot date with the kitchen tomorrow.

I was up at 6:00am again this morning and they said they would deliver anytime between 8:00am and 12:00 noon,  They were here by 10:30am. and I am now absolutely shattered.  

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. Your new fridge-freezer will make all the difference in your kitchen now. I can tell how thrilled you are it's arrived.

    You're very organized with the Christmas meats etc. We are having lamb so need to get in touch with Dewi and get a piece of Salt Marsh Lamb ordered in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB, we prefer a Butcher for the meat. We tried Aldi last year and were very disappointed so we might have to pay a little more but at the end of the day it is about enjoying the meal and it being tasty. I love Salt Marsh Lamb I hope you really enjoy it. Take care and have a lovely Christmas keep safe Tricia x

      Delete
  2. The fridge is wonderful. I love the idea of the water dispenser. They don't offer that on North American fridges. Glad you will have enough storage. Read your blog daily but rarely comment. I enjoy it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marjorie, I am very pleased with the fridge. It keeps the temperature beautifully. Thank you for your kind words Take care and keep safe. Tricia x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts