Lazy Day

 Welcome to 2021.  We have just spent the day chilling out before getting back into the fray. We have done very well on the food front and tomorrow is Saturday the day we normally go to the fish man, but we are going to leave that until next Saturday, as we still have some items to use up and I think by next week will be happy for some fish.

This morning started off with OH having a fried breakfast and I had pancakes.  Served simply with fresh Clementine juice squeezed direct from the Clementine and then sprinkled with sugar.  It went down very well indeed as I had been craving pancakes over Christmas.






They just contain three eggs, some milk and some flour whipped up with a hand whisk.  (Sorry a lot of the time I don't do measurements just use my eye), but the batter needs to be like a thick cream. They make a thicker pancake (substantial but very filling) and are not like a Crepe.  They are equally delicious served with whipped double cream or ice cream and cherry pie filling, apples or pears.  I am a bit of a sucker for Pancakes.

OH is more inclined to a cooked breakfast than I, I actually prefer cereal like home made Granola or Muesli served with natural yogurt and occasionally fresh fruit with a sprinkling of toasted Sesame seeds on top of the yogurt.  Gives texture and a lovely nutty flavour.  I am nearly out of Granola so may make some in a day or two.  May make it in the Dehydrator.

I had planned on going to the shop but changed my mind.  Will go instead tomorrow and see what I can find as the fridge stocks are rapidly depleting.  Pleased to report no waste which I am really pleased about. 

This evening we had a repeat of our New Year's Eve supper with the aid of the microwave.  It went down extremely well and no leftover veggies.  Still plenty of meat but that will get used up even if it is in a stir fry or served with hot homemade chips, pickles and sauces.

I have some cauliflower and some Calabrese in the fridge to use up so may well use some of the Stilton and make a soup.  Soup is anther food that I like a lot of.

I think this evening will involve some television watching and some crochet.  Lots to do in the coming days.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts