A bit more with it

 A bright sunny day, one to lift the spirits although cold.  The promise of better weather and lightness to come and spring starting to unfurl her crumpled wings. Just the sun has made me feel loads better, although I love the winter months per se and staying close to the house and my self-made cocoon I do miss the light.  This is something that I have developed as I have got older, not to the extent that it really rattles me but it does have its own effect. So my heart was gladdened and I felt "lighter" than I have for many a day.  The wet, cold and damp has not helped my joints and my movements.  I am not old and still have an awful lot of living to do.  I hate being pinned in.  Too much of  a free spirit me thinks.

I have started to sort the lounge a little bit, or should I say the things that are in the lounge.  I am decluttering and getting rid of bits that I no longer need or require and sorting through old paperwork and only keeping that which is absolutely relevant.  At least I am not under pressure to get things done, although I am mindful that at the end of the week after my operation, that I am going to be curtailed for at least a few days afterwards so I am trying to get some stuff done. I will if I can do bits inbetween but will see how things go. Covid Test Tuesday and then have to isolate until Friday. 

I have found a load more of my books, I have some upstairs as well so it will be good to get them back onto their respective book shelves in the front room eventually so that I can find what I am looking for.  I am an avid reader in any event and am quite happy curled up with a good book.  As a child I used to curl up on the rug in front of the fire and read.  Simple comforts. 

This mass sorting out is really about organisation so I can find what I do have.  I am not a person that does not use what I have as a rule - quite the opposite as I am always trying different things or making stuff.  There is nothing more frustrating than going to do stuff and then realise you cannot do it because you cannot find a key piece of equipment or indeed recipe because of the lack of organisation.  I have no reason or time to get bored.  You can always keep yourself occupied one way or another.  

Yesterday, I found another of my Pansy pictures; this one is a decoupage version.  I have some cross stitch ones upstairs in the bedroom, and some pressed flower ones. I also have some needlepoint cushion panels which have been worked but need to be made up into cushion covers.  I also have some pansy embroidered bedlinen.  I love pansies I always have.  I also have a small pansy needlepoint on the go in the UFO box which is only a small panel, but yet again intended to be the centre panel of a cushion cover. It will be one of the projects that I do, do this year and is on my list.  I also have some socks to have a go at.  As I have said, no time to get bored.

I have needless to say found some things that have got damaged i.e. I have some needlepoint topped foot stools, and one of the legs has fallen off the larger stool. Will not take much to mend. I still have a much smaller one to work though i.e the needlepoint and I have the stool base to put it on.  That will come eventually.  Lots of pictures, frames and mounting boards, mirrors etc which had been popped out of the way.  I am going to try and get some of the pictures into their frames to get them protected and done with.  I am slowly wading through them.  The sorting out is rather cathartic in a roundabout way and long overdue.

Not sure what we are going to have for tea this evening.  I am not particularly hungry at the moment, I am also trying to be careful with what I am eating.  I had some baked beans on toast with a sprinkling of vinegar earlier on, and that seems to have filled me up a bit.  A cheap meal, does not have to be dear, but I enjoyed it.  OH had a fry up something that I am not a big fan of although every so often have indulged but not recently.  Maybe I might lose some weight in the longer term with eating smaller but more regular meals.  Fingers crossed.

Right am off to potter again and to try and sort out what I have already pulled out of the front room, before I start pulling out more stuff.

Catch you soon.


Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts