A bit of a catch up

Tuesday

Was a pottering kind of day.  Jiggered up in the afternoon by having to go to the hospital for pre-op tests height, weight, blood pressure, sugar levels and blood.  My veins do not like giving up much of the precious liquid - they shrink in fear and you never know which arm is going to  co-operate.  I always come out of any session bruised, as they always take at least three files of blood from me.  I am not keen at the best of times.  Have become not as scared during all the jabs have had to have because of the virus and in a roundabout way facing fears; but still do not like them.  All necessary procedures.  Just one more element to complete and that is the Covid testing next Tuesday, and then I have to isolate after that visit until the day of surgery which is 4 March. Planned as day surgery. I am apprehensive, but am resigned to the fact that it needs doing at the end of the day.  I am also extremely appreciative of the fact that they have organised the surgery reasonably quickly, and despite the fact when I was diagnosed last year, they had over a year's waiting list when my name actually went on the list.  

Everything confirmed as okay.  The gentleman nurse was lovely.

Came home and then really could not get into the swing of things.  OH was hungry; I was not so hungry.  He had a couple of steaks and chips, and I had a couple of pancakes with fresh orange and a little sugar.  Delicious they were too.

I finished the day by mooching on the internet before turning in.

Wednesday

I have been a bit off colour today not firing on all cylinders. Think I may have to lay off the coffee again for a bit.  Been getting into the habit of having a couple of cups a day and I am a bit sensitive to it so think perhaps better stop it for a while again and go back to the tea.   I was hungry and fancied a lighter tea than what we have been having and therefore asked OH to get some chicken breasts so that I could make Hawaain Chicken (Peach and Chicken) homemade sweet and sour which is ideal for a dinner party.  It is particularly tasty - well I think it is and a lighter meal and so I set too and made this for tea tonight.  I have posted the recipe on the blog here before and it is here for those of you who want to have a go at this.  I usually serve with some plain white rice, and the rice soaks up the sauce and is lush.  It is particularly nice with the Peaches but also lovely with Pineapple.  You use tinned fruit in syrup or in fruit juice, but the original recipe is for syrup.  This meal would therefore be ideal if you had a Pantry challenge and were eating out the Pantry and Foodstores i.e. freezers for the chicken.  You could use dehydrated peppers and stored onions.  This time I made it in the Ninja, but it was originally meant for a slow cooker.

Hawaain Chicken (Peach and Chicken) Sweet and Sour


After combined everything together, and before being thickened up.


After being thickened with Cornflour.





All ready for eating











I  am now doing some research on some crafting projects for the future, when I have a few more pennies to hand and making sure that I have the tutorials stored safely so that I can play when such time arrives.

Keep safe wherever you are.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x





Comments

  1. That Hawaian Chicken looks tasty (not that Keith would touch it - he won't even eat rice!)

    I hope that your operation goes well for you and makes you more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB, it is a lovely light dish but very filling and not too over the top. I first had it at a dinner party I went to and my friend gave me the recipe afterwards. You could chunk the chicken into pieces as well and add other flavourings and seasonings. Quite a versatile dish and as have said quite filling. x

      Delete
  2. Meant to say, I noticed that 3Kg of Persil was £8 in Tesco on Monday. I do most of my shopping in Aldi (used to be Lidl when we lived in Carmarthen, but that is now our nearest Lidl - 50 miles away) and their prices are hard to beat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi BB,

    The soap powder boxes I obtained have 6.5kg of soap powder in each i.e. 13kg overall. For the past year I had been buying from Home Bargains at £6.99 for the 3kg size, but when I went in last week they did not have any and the soap powder prices had gone up across the board with what they did have. A telling sign I think of times to come. Take care Tricia x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts