Schedule of some of the Pantry Items Stored on the Dresser Shelves in the Dining Room

Due to lack of space in the pantry, I keep quite a few items on my dresser shelves in the dining room.  There is quite an eclectic collection of items which I use on a regular basis which perhaps not a lot of other people do, however what we keep in our personal pantry's very much comes down to what you like and what you actually eat.  Some of these are bought and some are dried myself after all each person's Pantry shelf is very individual.  A lot of items I also use in crafting too so not strictly food related, but it is after all a central store for household needs.  That was the whole purpose of the Pantry in the first place a store house. 

This particular post is a follow on to the first part of sorting out my Dresser shelves.  I do intend to update this post as I work along, as in a roundabout way it is going to be the basis for a Pantry storage list so that I can see what I need to use and what I need to buy in - which is the long term goal.  Organising it is what it needs so organising it is going to get.  Maybe then I will feel more in control of things generally not that I am a control freak I just find that if everything is organisable and findable a lot of stress is removed.

I have the following on the shelves at the moment; this is only the part I have dealt with, and I have also washed all the jars sorted the contents out and labelled the jars.


Preserved crystallised Ginger

Basmati Rice

Home Dried Chillies

Chocolate Vermicelli

Soup Pasta

Wild Rice

Lentils

Sea Salt

Cloves

Pudding Rice

Rock Salt

Mixed Seeds

Dry Mixed Veg

Star Anise

Agen Prunes

Dessicated Coconut

Dried Ramsons

Blue Poppy seeds

Dried Carnations whole heads

Dried Lavender

Dried Hibiscus flowers

Dried Rosebuds

Dried Rose petals

Dried Chamomile

Dried Mixed Herb Meat Sauce mix


Onto the next couple of shelves now, and will update this list when they are all sorted.  There is then the top of the dresser to sort; here there are all sorts of things that need sorting.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x



Comments

Popular Posts