A little Catch Up

 Thursday

Still have not got on as well as I had hoped today.  However have done some more cleaning a little further along.  Just focusing on the positive in that I have got some more stuff done, rather than nothing at all and got some more stuff put away.

I am just going through the motions this year in regard to Christmas, it will be what it will be at the end of the day.  It has been a very frustrating year one way or another and at this precise moment in time, my head is elsewhere.  As I say going through the motions and looking towards plans for next year on several fronts.

Tonight have made homemade pizza again.  This time using a mixture of Mozzarella, Pepperoni, onion, Jalapeno chilli, pineapple, Anchovies, Ham.  It has gone down very nicely.  Sorry no photos.  Followed by a couple of sausage rolls each and a hot mug of tea.

Friday

It has been a bitterly cold day today one for hugging the house if you can - we had to go out to walk Missy in any event but did not stay out long. I am a little concerned about Missy at the moment.  She is feeling her age and the cold at the moment, and has slowed up an awful lot in the past 10 days or so.  Just will have to keep an eye on her and make sure she is as comfy as she can be.

We have placed our order for our Christmas dinner.  We are having a Rib of Beef again rather than a Turkey.  Will probably also buy in a Gammon, and a Chicken to make sure that there will be plenty of cold cuts.  I will also make stuffing and pigs in blankets to go with as well even though not technically correct, they are also a big part of our cold cuts platter.  I might make a feasting pie or a couple of pork pies as well.  I did open my Christmas chutney the other day and it is lush.  So slowly getting geared up on the eating front as it were.

We just need to look at the cheese situation now.  Yet again something that is all part and parcel of our Christmas eating.  I tend to be very traditional in this respect. 

We nipped out to the shop earlier on after walking Missy and had a quick trawl around, not as long as really needed but will go back another day.  Have come back with a Pork joint, some Lamb steaks, some Aberdeen Angus steak (a bit of a treat), a small piece of smoked Haddock for me, and a Cod loin for himself, some dippy bits and Grissini breadsticks, cream, mushrooms, and some petit-pois .  Not much quantity wise but enough to get us through the next few days and a lot of good eating for which I am grateful.   Still need to get my usual basics in like potatoes, veggies, meat, eggs, onions etc.

Planned Meals for next few days are as follows:

Saturday

A nice piece of natural smoked Haddock for me to be served with some butter and a poached egg.  G will be having a Cod loin, chips and peas.

Sunday

Roast Pork for Sunday dinner with all the trimmings and probably repeats for Monday.

Monday

Same as for Sunday

Tuesday

Lamb steaks with veggies

Wednesday

Decided to make a Beef Bourguinion for a change.  It is a long while since we have had this.  Will be served simply with sweet buttery mashed potato and maybe some carrot and swede crush as well.

Thursday

Homemade Pizza to use up the ingredients used for our homemade Pizza yesterday.

Then I shall regroup and see what else we would like for the rest of the week.  Need a trip to the Butcher me thinks.

Will need some mince as I have some tomato passata to use up and I am thinking of Cannelloni rather than just a spaghetti Bolognese.  Also need a Chicken or two. Also would quite like some Italian Sausages to serve with homemade mixed roasted veggies  All simple but good eating.  These days being very selective in our choices and on what we do buy.  I also need to go to the veggie shop. I might with a bit of luck get there tomorrow.

Right am off to potter.

Keep safe and as warm as you can wherever you are.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts