Another Casualty and Sunday Evening

Sunday Evening

Such is life.  During my tidy up I have found a couple of casualties.  I particularly like crafting and doing stuff myself, however, I also appreciate someone else's efforts and when I can I invest in embroidered or needlepoint pieces that please me then I do so. 

Whilst in the back bedroom today, I have come across a couple of pictures of embroidered pictures which are vintage and not worked by me.  One of the frames has a broken glass and so I am going to have to see if I can find a cheap picture frame just for the glass and get G to show me how to cut this so that I can do my own repairs in the future.  I think I also need new frames in which to put these lovely little panels into. I am not keen on the ones that they are in at present.  I have a larger panel already framed up which is in a natural pine frame and will probably try and source something similar if I can find the right sized frames.

The needlework on these is superb too.  However I am just loving the colours even though they are old they are so vibrant.




I also found this pre-loved Tray cloth in the stash.  I am contemplating using this as either a cushion cover or hopefully once pressed out turning it into a lingerie bag or indeed a handkerchief case.  Not sure which yet.  It is a beautifully executed piece and I am probably veering towards the cushion front to keep it intact at the moment.  What would you do?  It is worked on a pale lemon linen.




And perhaps I should not have done so, after the glass of the Raspberry Mead, but I picked up one of the UFO projects also found on Saturday.  I am using up odds and ends of wool from previous projects with the aim of eventually making into a large throw or a couple of throws.  This time though I am working four small Granny squares to make one larger square.  I have quite a few squares worked already and am hoping to find a few more balls of wool as I go along. However this project is a long term one and I can easily work a couple of squares here and there as well as everything else that is going on here as well.





Managed to do a couple of more rows on each.  Will get back to this as it is an easy one to do and a no-brainer when a few minutes spare.

As I am trying to get the posts nearer to the day I dealt with them (fingers crossed).  Monday's trials and tribulations will be addressed in another post.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x






Comments

  1. I would make a cushion cover out of the needlework - it deserves to be on display. You are certainly a real crafter. Both of my sisters love crafting but it is not something I've ever been good at. I am the cook in the family so it all evens out. My stepmom is a very talented quilter and we have all been the lucky recipients of her talents so I can certainly appreciate the effort that goes into this sort of work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts