2011.02.19 My Day - Second part

Well tea was lovely OH excelled himself.  I have then spent most of the evening reading and doing some sorting out, latterly watching the Tudors on the TV.  A peaceful evening, but I have had the fidgets wanting to do something but not really knowing what to do; the truth is I just cannot settle at the moment am at sixes and sevens.  Want to do things but not having the energy to do so. Its very frustrating. 

Tonight for a change we have had some supper as we had tea earlier than usual.  Just cheese and crackers but served them with my home made pickled shallots - boy they were tasty if I do say so myself.  Normally I use the big Sarsons Vinegar jars for pickled shallots but I couldn't find my spare jars and didn't have an opportunity to buy any extra ones, so they were all done in smaller jars than usual with my home dried chillis, bay leaves and peppercorns and a little sugar.  I prefer Shallots but they cost more.  I have done pickled onions as well, but at the rate we are going they will not last for long.  Just means will have to do more later on this year.

Its bitterly cold again, but at least we are snug in the house - I am very lucky.

Time to retire in a while I think as I have a busy day tomorrow planned.

Take care and catch you all later on

Pattypan

xx

Comments

Popular Posts