Easter a time for celebration

In years gone by because of hardship and having to make the most of what you had on a daily basis, festivals and celebrations such as Christmas and Easter were something to look forward to not because most of all the food shared then was different to ordinary fare more exciting. Ingredients that we take for granted now were very special then  and expensive; things like currants and spice. These festivals were something to look forward to, a time for giving thanks and a social occasion with its roots very firmly placed in something very serious.  A time for remembering.  Something to look forward to and we all need that even now.

A festival that encompasses both Christian and Pagan traditions really the festival of birth/re-birth.

I have been rootling back on some of my past posts and re-share some of them now for you to look at bearing in mind I seem to be somewhat of a compulsive blogger!


http://tarragonnthyme.blogspot.co.uk/2009/04/hot-cross-buns.html


http://tarragonnthyme.blogspot.co.uk/2009/04/hot-cross-bun-recipe.html

I hope you all have a lovely Easter however you may celebrate it after all each of us is very different

With love

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Have a glorious weekend Tricia! {H}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the bread maker recipe, saved carefully this end. Though I love to bake I'm afraid bread is a step too far hence I've given up trying and use the breadmaker. I'll certainly give these a go though.
    Rose H
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kadeea you too

    Pattypan

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your recipe is very similar to the one I used.

    Hope you have a great Easter weekend :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts