Busy Sunday

Today has been busy busy busy.  I first woke at 6.30 p.m. the sun was blazing the bedroom got very warm; I must have dozed off again as the next thing I knew both Squeak and Missy were making themselves very much at home at which point I gave up and went down.  It was about 10.00 a.m by this time.

We then took Missy down for her constitutional walk and I went collecting nettles for making some wine. I ended up bringing back two carrier bags stuffed within an inch of their life.  I have then spent the best part of this afternoon stripping leaves from stalks and disposing of the stems. I have prepared two gallons of nettle wine and I needed 8 pints of leaves for this purpose.  I ended up using a pair of marigolds for preparing the stingers.  Hopefully I will be in time next week to make another couple of gallons of wine.  Nettle is one of my absolute favourites and it will be something to the Put Down this year

Whilst out I also spotted some Jack by the Hedge, and the leaves can be shredded and used as a topping on soups or added to nettle soup.  They have a very mild garlic flavour so I have mentally marked the spot.

I have also spotted no end of hawthorn blossom so that will be next on the list to have a dabble with.  I intend to make some wine and there are a couple of other recipes that I fancy having a dabble at, but that is for next week weekend.  No elderflowers as yet everything seems to be well behind because of all this rain that we have had although we desperately needed it.

I have also had tea on the go as well; we have had roast lamb, new potatoes, asparagus, peas, french beans, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots served with lashings of gravy. It went down extremely well followed by a few fresh strawberries and cream and very yummy it was too.

As tea was late since then I have been doing a little crotchet a UFO I had started and which needs completing; it will be a little way off being completed but at least I have picked it up again.  Just one of a long line of things to get completed.

Right I have a few things to get sorted in readiness for work tomorrow.  It is another early start.

Take care wherever you are and I hope you have had a good weekend.

Catch up soon

Pattypan
xx

Comments

  1. Nettle wine...mmmm, sounds interesting - bet it's got a 'sting' in it's tail though!
    There's loads of Jack by the hedge around here at the moment, I don't like garlic but my friend does, I'll have to tell her.
    Hope your week goes well.
    Rose H
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts