Thursday Evening Catch Up

It has just been too hot today although I am one of the lucky ones as I have been in an air conditioned office all day which has been very comfortable until I went out dinner and then the heat hit me and boy was it hot.  I think I am fighting a summer cold at the moment as I really did struggle with the heat at dinner.  The cold has not amounted to much and is in my head at the moment but I have the sniffles.   As a result I was not in the mood for cooking; I have had various ingredients in the fridge like a melon, some pate, celery and I have been and bought some blue cheese and some parma ham and salami and we have had a big plate of antipasti with melon slices, and the cheese served with bread or with crackers.  Something to eat but nice and light. 

There was another reason for me wanting something light tonight; I have had a bad antacid attack with my hiatus hernia (a bit ikky) and I really could not stomach the thought of a cooked meal this evening.  OH seemed okay with  the same and I have a nice glass of cold water to top it off with.  I had tried to get some salad leaves but there were none left when I nipped round to the shop.  I still have a selection of the meat and cheeses so may well get some pear and some grapes and do a similar style meal for another night; I also have some Chorizo so may well ring the changes.

Right I am off to bed still do not feel too clever and it is too hot so I am hoping  to cool down a little under the ceiling fan.

Lovely warm clear night here

Take care 

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Stu and I often enjoy same on warm nights. Tasty and no fuss. Hope you are feeling much better when you wake.


    Hugs

    Kimmie
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimmie, thats why I make home made pickled onions and Shallots as it is very easy simple food; I just vary the changes sometimes it is French style other times more of a Ploughmans but it makes for easy eating. Am a bit more with it now but thank you for you kind words. Love to everyone

      Pattypan

      xx

      Delete
  2. It's definitely too hot to cook at the moment, we seem to be eating late in the evening just now. I hope you're feeling a little better today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jay

      We have been eating later than we normally do as OH has been working later shifts. I feel much more with it thank you and thank you for your kind concern.

      Take care

      Pattypan

      x

      Delete
  3. Oh dear, hope that you're feeling a bit better now PP :( Dealing with a "sort of summer cold" here too. Not really a full on cold, but stuffy nose etc...

    Take care~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hearthwife

      Feeling a lot more with it I hope have knocked it on the head. A lot of people have been suffering this year with the snuffles and irritation; probably to do with the pollen as it has been hanging in the air quite a bit even late into the evening whereas normally when things cool down the pollen stops but with it being hot all the time. Hope you feel much more comfy soon.

      Pattypan

      xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts