Hopes for today


I am hoping that by the time you read this I will have been up for a couple of hours (weather permitting) pottering away in the garden  as usual I have a lot to do and very little time to do it.  I like being in the fresh air and I like working with my hands.  It is very grounding and after being stuck in an office for the best part of the week I also find it very cathartic.

We have some work to do at my mum's today and once that is out the way and sorted I will hopefully be able to get back to my gardening and be able to finish off my herb garden for the time being and enjoy my last few hours of freedom before being back to work again for tomorrow. 

I think I am going to need some more compost though as I have bulbs and plants to pot as well as some more seeds to get on the go. I aim to do a few each day so that I do not end up with tons of seeds to prick out or transplant on with little time to achieve it.  So unusually I am pacing myself a little.  That was one of the reasons why I did not buy Roses and fruit trees yesterday and that I need to get the garden outlined a bit and the weeds gone before so doing.

I have four tomato plants and two courgette to pot on which my neighbour gave me, some chives to transplant, some potatoes that have chitted and new potatoes for some pots as well as some strawberry plants.  There are also some dahlias, freesias, Chinese lanterns and gladioli to get sorted as well.  I also want to pot the two Marguerite's on into planters.

Eventually we are planning on putting a patio down in the back garden that I can pop a gazebo on.  I have found the gazebo but as I have said other things need to be sorted first like the laying of slabs and a rough layout/plan of the garden sorted. After the slabs it will be some turf etc. until we work our way down the garden. There is only so much I am willing to do to a rented property - its false economy especially when we do not plan on being here forever but we still have to live.

There is still quite a bit of clearing to do but if I keep at it say for an hour of an evening when I get in I might be able to break the problem down into bite size achievable chunks.

I am however after a garden swing so that I can sit on a nice day in the garden and do some of my craft work when I am at home.  Something like my embroidery or cross stitch where I need good light to work.  I had seen a wooden one recently and I am hopeful that it will still be available if not I will search the Internet but where I saw it, it was a lot cheaper than it should have been.

Anyway I will catch you later. Its been a bit cold and dismal first thing lets hope it improves.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts