Evening all

Just waiting for my tea to cook so am taking the opportunity to do a quick post. Been a very busy day at work and I am going to be busy this evening.  Once tea is eaten then into the throes of Peach and Chilli chutney and hopefully a batch of plum jam done in the jam maker whilst I am doing the chutney.  I was quite pleased with the flavour of the apple chutney I made last night.

The Peach and Chilli chutney is one of my favourites; very much a ladies chutney and one which I have been making for a few years now.  Together with the five spice pickled peaches they make some lovely eating with a plate of ham and pork pie.  Yum.  I love to be busy and I love this time of year for squirrelling away all sorts of goodies.  So I shall be plodding through the week to get as much as I can done.

The recipe for the chutney is here:


And the recipe for the five spice pickled peaches is here:






I also want to do some peach jam and some peaches in syrup in the canner.  The only bit I don't like doing is skinning the peaches!

Right I had better get a wriggle on my tea's ready.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan xx


Comments

Popular Posts