Charity Shop Finds

Nothing much of late however I am on the look out for nice pine picture frames with not particularly nice pictures in to recycle with some of my finished pieces of needlework as it costs an arm and a leg to have them done professionally these days. I have some nice pieces which it is about time I had on the wall; mostly cross stitched. So today I managed to find a nice one quite large for £4.  I shall keep my eyes open though for other suitable frames in due course.  Sometimes they are a bit scuffed but a little tlc and elbow grease often works wonders.  Sometimes if they are little to scruffy then out comes the paint pot and they end up getting a drastic revamp.  However at the end of the day I have to take things as I find them.  I predominantly go for pine, as it matches my pine furniture and blends in


I also picked up another picnic hamper for £5.  This will be ideal to take home prepared goodies to friends and family over the Christmas period.  I am ostensibly thinking of my brother here.  Although if I can find some more hampers at realistic prices I may well get some more. Will see how that pans out.  I am forever on the look out for tins or little baskets or indeed hampers to add to my collection.  

A little green glass dish was all on its own and it spoke to me and so that has also come home to add to my collection. £1.

And a set of four soup bowls which will be ideal for use everyday.  I love soup during the winter months as it warms the heart and the soul and keeps the body fed.  So only a few finds but better than none and they will all be put to good use in the days to come. £2.

So not bad for £8.

I am still picking up preserving jars where I can from the Charity shops as it works out so much cheaper, but yet again I don't see any for weeks and then they all come at a rush.  But that is the way the cookie crumbles.

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts