The first of the Christmas Mags


The first of the Christmas magazines arrived on the newsagents shelves some two to three weeks ago if not more and I succumbed. This particular one has a lot of ideas for home made Christmas presents and Christmas food, presents for adults to give and also for children.  The recipes look good and are a new slant on some old dishes which really freshens the calibre of the magazine up.  I know a lot of people do little Christmas hampers for family and friends and in magazines like this I buy them typically for the present ideas more than anything else.  I keep the magazines in a magazine holder and then when planning for Christmas I choose some new dishes and make sure that I have the ingredients to hand.

There are some lovely ideas in here.




A gingerbread wreath.


A tray with pickled red onions and goats cheese preserved in oil.



Some home made fudge.



A chocolate and nut sheet.


There are loads more ideas as well in the magazine.

I remember when we were younger we were always encouraged to make things where we could for close family members.  It makes you feel as if you are part of something and the customs and decorations all add to the excitement for youngsters.  Remember that until about the age of 7 or 8 make believe is real to them and sometimes for older children as well.  Let them have that for as long as they can as the real world can be very unfeeling at times.

But this one was well worth the money and is another one that will be kept with my Christmas magazine stash.

As usual my views are from my own perspective and not linked to anything else.

Catch you soon.


Pattypan


x




Comments

Popular Posts