Busy afternoon

I have been pottering quietly in the kitchen doing a bit of this and a bit of that until the cat decides that the top of the kitchen unit looks a good place to hide and goes scrambling up to the top of the cupboard knocking down bits and bobs.  When I do eventually get through to find out where the heck she is all I can see is a tail  - she has buried herself in one of the boxes.  She has been removed rather rapidly which she does not think much of but the kitchen is not her domain and she is not required in it especially when I am cooking!  OH has gone to walk Missy - so we shall have tea when he comes in.

I decided I had too much to do to cook a roast so I have cooked the steaks and made onion gravy to go with them.  We have Yorkshire pudding and veggies to go with so that should sort out the bottomless pit that is my OH.  Updated: tea was not too bad it was tasty and nice and warm and has gone down very well.

Its just about to go dark; the moon is already up and it is chilly.  I have not had the heating on today yet but it is chilly out there so if the temperature drops rapidly it will be put on.

I still have things to do for getting ready for work tomorrow; another week another day.

I have a week on leave in the middle of November -  A lot has to be done and other things happen before then as I really have a lot of sorting out to do.  That is when I am going to see my cousin again so I really do need the bulk of the work done before then. Oh well I can only do what I can do.

Right upwards and onwards.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I have a bottomless pit of an OH too lol. I'm very impressed that you didn't do a roast but still did Yorkshire puddings! Onion gravy too mmm. We're back to work tomorrow too and although I enjoy my job, im never ready to go back. So many things I could be doing here instead.
    Made me chuckle about the cat bless it. I have a couple of days to put in that I was given as a gesture for all the extra hours I put in before my holiday, so I will use those for more Christmas prep I think. I hope you enjoy your time off and visiting with cousin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to seriously get to grips with things. So much to do and so little time as usual to do it. Fortunately I get the full week off before Christmas this year and the full week of Christmas to New Year so a good two weeks at home. Plus a few days at the beginning of December. I hope you get to seriously platy too. Pattypanxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts