Saturday Catch up

This morning started early with a large cup of coffee with a shot of rum in it as it was bitterly cold (Masawatti coffee).  I needed something to reinforce me.  OH took me to Lincoln and I took my thickest coat, hat, scarf and gloves as well as my Uggs (all wrapped up like Nanook of the North) - it is always colder in Lincoln than here (well for the best part).   I went to Lincoln to spend time with my cousin at her cosy home.  It was good to spend girlie time with her which we have not done for so long and also go into Lincoln itself for a little shopping trip.  I did not get time for a sewing machine tutorial with her today (and I still have not let her know that I have the Janome) I want to learn a bit first and if I can get my butt into gear maybe have a go on my own with my own machine all well and good and make her a little something. She would not expect anything less. We are due to meet up again in November so that will be good and I may then let on then. You know just drop it into the conversation.  This time though will be going on the train. Fortunately her husband and my partner get on very well which makes a heck of a difference.  G came back to Peterborough as he had things to do and made arrangements for collecting me later on.  The pair of us also got fed a very lovely rich beef stew with lots of mashed potato; which went down really well as it has been cold.  My cousin is a really good cook too.

I have bought one or two goodies (I cannot divulge what as they are for someone's Christmas pressie) and I know he pops in from time to time.  So I do not want to spoil things.

So tomorrow because I have been out to play today I have to work on the house and try and catch up on some of the chores that have not yet been cleared.  Deep joy.  NOT!

However I also have a few things I want to try and accomplish in the run up to Christmas including planning out the recipes I would like to make and making a shopping list of the items that I still have not got together in respect of them.  There is always something to do.

Its been a really good but tiring day; right am off to pop my feet up.

Take care.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Sounds like a blissful time. Especially the stew and mash! X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts