What a difference a day makes

The sun is out bright with winter wateriness where it hurts the eyes.  Its chilly but its bright a day full of promise.

We have to go to the unit today to unload OHs fishing equipment - I think he may be done for the moment.  But we do have a trip to the refuse tip on the cards as well and there is quite a bit to do there.  We are on winter hours at the tip - I think it closes at 4.00pm.

I am slowly getting there.  I got the last net of Shallots done last night. I started at about 10:pm an finished just gone midnight.  I have had six big nets to process and on average it takes me a couple of hours to do a net whilst sat on my Nan's stool armed with a sharp little knife with the radio on.  They are salting to withdraw any water and will be processed later on when I will add some of my home dried chillies, black peppercorns and fresh bay leaf out of the garden.  Its good to get that last net out of the way.

There are also quite a few in the freezer as I use these with any roasts that I do, during the winter month.  A little tip if you have shallots or pickling onions or indeed wedges of onion in with your roasties it quickly caramelises and helps the potatoes and parsnips etc. brown more quickly plus yo get a bit more depth of flavour from the onion.  All I do is take the outer layers off, top and tail the onions and then just pack into freezer bags and freeze whole.  When using I pop straight into the meat tin frozen.

Right his lordship is calling.  Better get a wriggle on and will catch up later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts