Polyanthus and Viola

I am an old fashioned girl when it comes to flowers.  I like all the English Country Garden favourites like, sweet scented violets, wood primroses, forget me nots, Roses preferably scented, honeysuckle, wild roses.  I also like Polyanthus.  They always look cheerful and colourful especially after the grey days of the winter months.  I do not know whether I am too early or not but the Co-Op had trays of four in-store for £2.50 so I have bought some to put into some long window box containers I have to try and bring a little colour and prettiness to the sheltered herb garden area outside the back door.  I also noticed that Waitrose have trays of violas in different colours for about 20 (I think) to a tray for £5.  I might get some of those as well as they also give a very cheerful burst of colour. I think Polyanthus and violas are very cheerful plants. 

I also need to get some paint for the mini greenhouses to give them a tidy up and then once they are sorted I can get their covers on although it is probably a tad too early for the seeds as yet.

I hope tomorrow is fair.  I have the Hospital tomorrow (I have booked the day off) and I hope that when I get home I will be able to spend a little time tidying the border and getting it nice and tidy again.  I need to start doing a little bit in the garden as I have quite a few things I would like to achieve this year.

Last year was the first year that I really went to town on the planters and I want to get the most out of them this year.  As I have mentioned before I would like a Potager style garden where flowers grow with veggies and complement each other.  I actually like gardening but the heavy work sometimes defeats me although I am not against having a go.  I find after being in an office all day long its brilliant to be out in the fresh air, pottering around, thinking my own thoughts and relaxing. Gardening does that for me.

As I have stated before I also need to get in the shed and start sorting that out also. However I am determined to get as much as I can done.  Even if I have to take several hefty bites at one thing in the meanwhile just to get things done it will be worth it to get things off the list.

Have you noticed that each night is getting that little bit lighter.  I am pleased as in the winter I do not seem to get as much done as I do in the summer months or perhaps I should say I tend to hibernate more and my energy levels always seem below par.

Hopefully bit by bit things will start coming together and I will get everything as I would like it.  It is not for the lack of trying.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x



Comments

  1. Polyanthus are so bright and pretty. I have done the same this week. They will withstand the hardest of frosts. I have been in hibernation mode. So good the daylight hours are getting longer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janipi

      They are so cheerful on a grey day. I love to see flowers in a garden anyway. Thank you for answering the question about the frosts I was not sure whether they were hardy enough but I will pop them out now. Each day is getting that little bit longer thank goodness. As I am sat typing this the sun is out in all its glory and is really lovely but the day itself is very cold 1 degree only. Take care. Tricia x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts