Its cold out there today

Its nice and warm in the house though.  This morning I did not have the heating on as it was warm but have had to flick the switch and pop it on again.  Demetri went out earlier on but even he has come into the warm (when he asks to come in you know he is cold) as normally he lingers as long as he can and of late has been a tad awkward to get in.  Anyway a rattle of the biscuit box and he came flying in which will save me some bother later on.  He always tends to be worse when it is coldest you know he wants in just does not cooperate.

I have been sorting a space out this afternoon in which to store my bicarbonate of soda, stain remover (I buy about four pots once a month either from Wilkos or the £ shop) as I use it in every wash.  Even though I have a very good washing machine it just helps to give the powder extra help. I also have some borax substitute  and some soap-making supplies and so I have stored them altogether out of the way but still easily accessible without having to move a lot of stuff. They come in little tiny boxes so I have popped each one into a ziplock bag just in case they come into contact with any water  - they should not but you never know.

On the shelf above that which used to hold a small electric cooker I have popped things like bowls, jugs, cutting boards, graters and my potato ricer.  Stuff that I use regularly and on the shelf above that is the microwave.  The intention is to have a gingham curtain cover this place which is where the boiler was originally housed in the kitchen.  So that is all nicely scrubbed out.  I am slowly working round the kitchen small as it is doing things out cupboard by cupboard and re-organising each cupboard as I go through.  Its hard work but the bonus is the kitchen is always lovely and clean and smells clean by the time I have finished.  That's important to me.

We have had a change of plan on the meal front we are having Cornish pasties, sweet potato fries and onion rings to use up primarily the fries and rings that were scheduled for yesterday's meal and which we subsequently did not have. Unfortunately they were too far gone on the defrosting side to bung em back in the freezer.  These things happen and you have to make the best of things without wasting anything.

So its back in the groove getting ready for work again tomorrow  - the weather forecast is not good so please wrap warmly and take care  - apparently most places are due a sprinkling of snow although according to the forecast not lots of it.  

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts