Rocking Chair and Redundancy Blues

I went to the Charity shop yesterday and I fell in love with a solid pine rocking chair a companion for my fiddle-back rocker for £15. It is due to be delivered tomorrow. Where I am going to put it I am not yet sure but it is another piece I have been after for my forever home.  Another piece for the jigsaw.  It does need a little TLC but then it will be worth it in the long run.  I really like wood furniture whether that be pine, ash or Oak.  I like the sturdiness of it and the fact that it glows when it has been given some beeswax polish and a little elbow grease.  It also blends in with so many other things and gives a cohesive and individual look to a home.

For now I seem to be back on the main computer - hence I hope no typos on here now. Keyboard on phone is just too slow and the keys too small for my arthritic fingers.  Too slow being the operative word.

My mojo is missing at the moment - I am predominantly resting or meeting with friends for lunch and I suppose it is meeting the need in me but I feel so guilty at not being able to get on with things.  That has got to change soon as I have so much to do, so much to achieve and new things I want to try.  I have in mind some outline plans of what I want to achieve in the future but they are still very much in the planning stage and a lot of things have to be dealt with and done before that, but then again I was always up for a challenge.

This is the fourth time I have been made redundant.  The first three times really hurt especially after all the time and effort expended.  Although it seems personal in reality it is a step to meet a specific need in a company i.e. it has outgrown a situation or requirement.  The company has to move forward to survive and today unfortunately much as we like to think otherwise we really are just numbers when we work for companies or organisations.  There are the few rare situations where this is not the case.  However that does not make the individual feel any the less hurt.  It is a form of rejection but it is how you deal with things that really is the answer.  Shit happens, and it is like mourning something but this change has happened for a reason and for the better good of you as an individual.  Rather than focusing on the negatives focus on the positives and that is what I am trying to do.  I cannot say more on my current situation but what I can say is that I made the right decision for me at the time and only me.

However it has been a very useful learning curve which I shall cover in another post as it may help one or two of you in the UK  at the present or in the future but more about that later on.

Right must get on.  More to do computer wise.

Catch you all later on.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Sorry - I didn’t realise you had been made redundant. My SIL had it three times in three years and we all began to dread Christmas as it always seemed to happen then. Hope you are having the chance to think about what you want to achieve be it paid employment or another solution. Good luck with whatever you decide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catriona

      Came out of the blue completely but I am looking on it as divine intervention. I am hoping in due course to set up a small business from home offering Reiki treatments and I also have some other ideas for small businesses rather than put all my eggs in one basket as it were. I can but try but one thing is certain is win or fail it is going to be an extreme learning curve but at least I am going to do it rather than just having thought about it. Thank you for your lovely wishes. Catch you soon and hope you are keeping well. Take care. Tricia x

      Delete
  2. You must feel like you've had a proper slap round the chops my dear. Redundancy is never fun, but I hope they gave you a good redundancy package, and that you can sit down and plan what you are going to do next. I know there are lots of craft things you said you needed time for, so perhaps the Universe was listening!

    Chin up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB

      Have not been so bad this time round. It is my fourth time of being redundant and hopefully my last. The redundancy has come completely out of nowhere and took us all by surprise. I believe very much that Spirit has orchestrated this change. I popped up a prayer last year for some divine intervention and it seems to have happened. I am now looking forward to having a go and trying rather than just dreaming and intend to set up a small Reiki business from home if I can. Even if it is not here per se it would be good to work from home so that I can maximise my time both with the healing and with my everyday life. I can but try. Take care. Tricia xx

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear about your redundancy Patty, I hope you are enjoying being at home more (I know you have always wished you had more time at home). Would it be feasible for you to stay at home? Your rocking chair sounds lovely. I have a lot of wooden furniture in my home, it seems more real and alive than the modern furniture you get now. Thinking of you. Love Fluffy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fluffy

      You have it in one. Am going to enjoy some time at home first have a break and then hopefully get to grips with the new sewing machine and the embroidery one and the patchwork. Looking to set up a small business offering Reiki Treatments. I am a Reiki Master. Reiki is in case you did not know a non-invasive form of healing that works on the natural energy centres in our bodies. I also have some other ideas which I may well follow through on as well to run alongside of this rather than putting all my eggs in one basket as it were.

      My Rocking chair has arrived and I am very pleased with it. I love wooden furniture it is so solid and so warm and shows off so many lovely things to perfection including vintage lace and tableware. I hope you and your lovely family are all keeping well too. Take care honey. Catch you soon. Tricia xx

      Delete
  4. I have only been made redundant once and it was a bad time for me, spent ages wandering around what to do with myself feeling rejected, I then went into business for my self making samples up for craft companies, it turned out to be the best thing to ever happen to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dawn, I was in serious need of a change of direction. I have in mind to open a small business offering Reiki treatments. I am a Reiki Master. In case you are not familiar, Reiki works on and with the natural energies in the body and helps the body heal itself. I have in mind a couple of other small opportunities as well and may run them all so that all my eggs are not in one basket but I need the house tickety boo before I can achieve that. So I have an awful lot of sorting out to do in the next weeks or so. I have been made redundant three times prior to this and can relate to the feelings of rejection although this time round that has not been so bad. I have made the decision for me and in respect of what has been going on with me recently healthwise. I am not ruling out every working full time again but if I can I would like to do this for myself. It may fail it may not but it will certainly be a learning curve. I believe things happen for a reason and after years and years of being stuck and not moving forward I have taken advantage of the opportunity. If it all goes pique tong then I can always look for full time work again. I also believe it will possibly be the best thing that could have happened to me after the anger subsided. Hope you are keeping well and will catch up soon.

    Tricia

    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts