Trying Different recipes Macaroni Cheese to Cheese Nachos

One of the things I have been doing more of since being at home is cooking surprise.  OH has developed a penchant for Macaroni cheese something as an adult I have not really tried although I remember Mum making it when I was little.  However she used to cook it differently. So during the week and wu
Without a recipe I set too and created my mums Macaroni cheese.  I started off with a basic roux sauce melting butter and then adding flour.  I use a balloon whisk for this as it stops the sauce from getting lumpy.  I then very gradually add a little milk at a time doing this slowly is best.  Once the sauce is to the consistency you want add a teaspoonful of made mustard and then loads of grated strong Cheddar.  Incorporate the cheese until well mixed in. I use when I can Cornish Cruncher from M and S. We like strong cheese here so I tend to adjust my recipes to utilise what we actually use. I also do this for Lasagna Sheppard's or Cottage Pie Cauliflower Cheese now Macaroni Cheese. Once the sauce is made I out this to one side and then cook the Macaroni. I used a packet for the two of us which was far too much but you live and learn After boiling and draining well I mixed in the cheese sauce and then grease a deep pyrex dish then add the pasta. I then added a load more grated cheese to the top of the Macaroni and then put in the oven gas mark 4 or 5 until the cheese is melted golden and bubbling.  You may get too much fat from the cheese where it has melted but I removed a lot of the excess fst with kitchen roll. Serve as a meal in itself or as a dide dish.  Oh enjoyed and so did I. I really enjoyed it.

Last night I wanted something to eat but not a lot but something.  So I hit on the idea of cheesy Nachos which we both love.   I broached the idea with OH although he was a little anxious that I would wreck a favourite dish.

I used pre-bought Tortilla chips Salsa sauce I could only get extra hot salsa.  As I dont do much chilli so I thinned it down with some pasta sauce combining sauce and salsa together. I then lined a baking tray with foil and layered a bag of Tortilla chips and then added lits of grated cheese and some home made pickled green chillis and then blobs of salsa sauce more grated cheese then more Tortilla chips cheese chillis salsa and then finally a thick layer of grated cheese and cooked in the oven until the cheese is eell melted gas mark 4 to 5 and then serve.  It was delicious and something I will be doing again.  However I am going to look into canning my own salsa. Well I already pickle the chillis. So it will be useful to add to my pantry shelf.

Catch u soon.

Pattypan x

Comments

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts