Kitchen bits and bobs

I have been after a couple of pieces of kitchen equipment for about three or four months now, and slowly one by one I have been knocking them off the ever so growing long list.

  • Pestle and Mortar - was only after one but have managed to acquire three different sizes including a larger one. Done (I had managed to break my original one)

  • Mezzaluna and Board = Done
  • Tortilla/Roti press - Ordered and arrived
  • Large soup kettle for making home made cheese - Ordered and arrived
  • Large soup kettle for soup and catering
  • Large Mussell pan (we are very fond of Mussells)
  • Fish scaler
  • Roti Pin - Done
  • Pasta shape cutters- Ordered
  • More rumptopfs- Done
  • 2 New Fermenting bins - Ordered
  • 3 Kilner Water/Juice Dispensers for the fridge.  Done -arrived today.
  • 12 wide mouthed Kilner Jars - Done arrived today.  These are intended for some soups and also my pasta sauce.
  • New garlic press - Done.

So at the moment only a few more items to add to my kitchen list for a little while to come.  I need to get on with some serious decorating including the kitchen but there is quite a bit of work to do so once the garden is out the way I intend to start.

I have been to the Veg shop today and bought another net of onions, some strawberries, some peaches, some kiwi fruit, some mangoes, carrots, cabbage, beetroot.  They had marrows on the stall today so may well get some picallili underway soon too.  I have some shallots to prepare as well just enough for a few jars before I start the main attack later in the year.  They were expensive last years so I believe that they may be dearer this year.  I also intend to get a couple of trays of eggs during the week and do some pickled eggs as well. OH is fond of these.

Right had better get on hope you have had a lovely day.  It has been uncomfortably warm here again today.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Gosh, there's you adding to your kitchenalia stash, and I am trying to cull mine! Tam went through my kitchen drawers last year and took out most of the cutlery. I have to say, her idea of what we needed (practically just 4 knives/forks/spoons!) is not my idea of what I actually use. I have special large spoons for when I am baking, and a particular large fork for mashing things and making pastry. I know we don't need the fish knives any more, but they were OH's mother's (and possibly HER mother's too), so they are lingering! As for gadgets, I am sticking to what I already have. My pestle and mortar is just a small one with a shallow bowl with serrations on - it works well, and I don't use it that often tbh.

    Gosh marrows already - my courgette plants are only just starting to produce "youngstock". I pulled the yellow plant out today as it just wasn't growing AT ALL.

    It sounds like you are already getting well prepared for autumn and winter. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts