The First Victoria Plums for 2018





Were purchased yesterday just 1kg for eating.  OH is fond of plums anyway and I am a big fan of Victoria Plums.  I wish I could find a couple of the Black Diamond plum trees that my Granddad used to have they were really delicious a dark purple black plum with divine yellow flesh.  My grandparents grew Victorias as well.

They are not cheap this year £3.50 a kg at the moment so if you can get them any cheaper then you really are doing well.

I have a tray of 5kgs ordered for next Tuesday for bottling and for chutney and I will also order another tray for later in the week for jams and jellies and sauce and look out for reductions to make some Victoria plum wine which is one of my favourites.  My Nan always used to make it.  It always used to develop a second fermentation and was more like a sparkling pale pink champagne when she used to make it a very tasty wine.

So next Tuesday when I take delivery it looks as though I am going to be very busy.

That reminds me I will have to ask whether there is any chance of some Greengages this year.  We like those as well.  It would also be good to get some frozen down of both varieties if I can as well for puddings.

I think I may have found a source for the Black Diamond plum very excited.  Need to check something out though with the company first.  I am keeping my fingers crossed as I really would love a couple of these trees.




Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts