Rump Steak Sandwiches for Tea


I met my friend for lunch today and then tootled off into town to pick up some bits and bobs that I needed or had on the wish list.

I ended up buying a mixture of bulbs, narcissus, some grape hyacinths, some hyacinths, some snowdrops as I want to plant some planters up for a bit of colour come next spring.  I am also in the throes of drawing all sorts of items together for Christmas and some for next year with projects I hope to have a go at and the narcissus heads will be ideal for drying and using in a recipe for pot pourri I have come across. I intend to go back and have another look at what other bulbs they have so then it will be a matter of just putting up some planters for next spring.  I am paying it forward.  I have never done bulbs before.  I have been around them as my Nan and mum always used to do them but for me it will be an actual first at actually growing them.

I have also bought myself a sealed pot for saving odds and sods probably for Christmas for next year, but whatever the ultimate purpose it will be a way of paying it forward just by putting up bits and bobs.  I may go back and get a couple more  - all identified for different purposes.  

I also purchased from TK Max a heart shaped fir cone wreath, a drinks carrier/holder for storing my Fentimans Dandelion and Burdock or Ice cream soda in.  Fortunately OH does not fight me for the Dandelion and Burdock but there is always a bit of a scrap on with the Ice cream soda.  I shall nip in there another week and have another look as I do not think it will be long before the Christmas decorations start to come in.  I am also after some more glass cloches for covering food.

OH finishes early on a Friday and so I was waiting with Missy for him to come home and then we took her straight for a walk. It was cold and windy and OH forgot to take out her cup and ball and she was looking everywhere for it.  She really has taken to that toy.

When we got back neither of us was really hungry just peckish and so I decided that we needed something tasty but not a lot of it.  I therefore plumped for some rump steak, cooked on a griddle, with fried onions served sandwich style cut into thin strips between bread and butter and it has gone down very nicely.  One piece of steak is always far too much for me as in essence I only ever eat about half but it never goes to waste this way on.  However it has gone down very nicely and was just about the right amount.

It has gone very cold this evening.  I am still not putting the heating on until I have to.  I have put on a thick hoodie to keep me warm.  The house is not cold its just I have gone nippy.

In the weeks to come I have a stash of DVDs to watch.  There is nothing better for me than on an autumn or a winter Sunday afternoon but to curl up on the sofa and watch a DVD (preferably with a log fire) but I do not think that is going to happen anytime soon just here but I will keep my fingers crossed but you get the drift.  I really do wish we had a proper open fire or a log burner to snuggle up to.

I have been after stewing meat all week in order to make a stew.  I have felt the need.  Had not been able to get it round at my local Co-Op as everytime I went round they did not have it in stock.  Success tonight though and so we have stew for tomorrow night's tea with some home made dumplings.

Right I had better get a wriggle on.

Hope you have all had a lovely day.

Take care.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts