Cleaning

One of the problems with having pets is that no matter how careful you are there is always an area that is missed or you get an aroma when it is least welcome despite the fact that you are fastidious witht the cleaning they always find a way to outwit you.

Bearing in mind that my house is currently being overhauled little by little and the fact that I intend to work from home offering Reiki and also Readings (R & R) I am having to be super conscious that not everyone is pet friendly and there are also people who are through no fault of their own allergic to pet hair of any kind.  I have therefore been looking for a deeper regular cleaning agent to employ in my household and have been carrying out a lot of research on this score.

I have come up with two methods to try.  The first is using mouthwash - its supposed to help with pee marks on carpets.  So I am going to give this a trial. 

http://www.sweetsillysara.com/2016/03/how-to-remove-cat-urine-from-carpet.html

There is also a simple way of using no nasties in the battle of the cat pee.  Cats get stressed at the slightest thing and can be bloody minded to boot - after all they are a wild animal.  

https://ncleaningtips.com/remove-cat-urine-odor-house/

And the one which is meant to be the main one uses Hydrogen Peroxide a form of bleach.

So I sent off the other day for some Hydrogen Peroxide to use as an ultimate odor remover.  I can but try the recipe which is on Pinterest which also uses white vinegar, and washing up liquid.  I need to source some spray bottles and then hopefully with the new cleaning regime being trialled it will solve a lot of problems.  It has not arrived yet but I am also going to trial this as well.  Here is the article yet again from Pinterest where I got this from. 

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/AYSSpGl3xEYlsMLmUltk-qLfKeNNOMXtyzsqtVMmeI1VLcBAafI-px0/

So I am going to trial them this week and see if any of them make a difference and then I will get back to you.

Watch this space.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan




Comments

  1. I have always used Zoflora disinfectant. It is concentrated and comes in little bottles with a range of delightful fragrances. It removes the smell completely. I then use carpet shampoo if any stain remains. Another option for you. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennie I use the Zoflora in the kitchen and the bathroom had not thought where the cat tray was. Thanks for that. Hope you are keeping well Tricia x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts