Lurgey Part 2

Unfortunately the lurgey has returned with a vengeance and that is why I have not popped up a post for a day or so.  During the day am not too bad it is the hacking cough at night which is keeping me awake and then I am nodding off back to sleep when it is time to get up and end up getting up late as a result.  I am so glad I made the Elderberry Rob and also the homemade Cassis which I have been regularly imbibing but it is just waiting for the actual cold to subside and disappear.

We have paid a visit to the freezers this afternoon nd got out the meals for the week.

We have had steak pie, mashed potato and carrot and swede crush with gravy for tea tonight.  Was very tasty and went down a treat.

Tomorrow we have a joint of pork to roast which should give plenty of meat for a couple of meals and also pack ups.  Roast pork sandwiches or buns with home made apple sauce.  yummy.

I also have some lamb steaks, mince and also pizza to make something of during the week along with peas, beans, leeks, broccoli and my brother's parsnips which are very tasty and full of flavour.  Of course there will be potato something of one sort or another to accompany.  There may also be soup of some sort.  One of my Nan's favourite soups was Sunday roast left overs ie. small bits of meat and any veg that was left over in a good stock with lots of flavouring.  Very hearty for a lunchtime snack and very warming.

I also retrieved the dehumidifier to run in the kitchen as we get a lot of condensation in there and I am trying to reduce it.  From what I have read a lot of it comes down to cold walls, metal pipes and no circulation of air.  Will see how we do with this but I am going to ask the landlord's agents for some fans in the loo, bathroom and the kitchen to help reduce the problem.  As it involves knocking brickwork around and electrics that is something that they can do.  

Right am off for an early night but before that I have my tot of hot Cassis to have to soothe my throat together with a  couple of Paracetamol.  Here is hoping for a good night's sleep.

Take care.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts