Off colour

I am still not right with this lurking cold and it has come back tenfold today with me coughing, coughing and coughing.  So I have done absolutely nothing and am trying to rest up so that hopefully I can encourage this bug to clear orff! I had an early night last night as well and it looks as though it will be another early night tonight.  

Sorry I don't mean to complain really; I am a lot luckier than most.  However I am a bit down  generally at the moment a lot of it I am putting it down to the really cold weather which has also triggered my arthritis and other issues.  I am just hoping I have a better winter on the cold front this year than I did last.  Have to try and keep warm, layered up and positive.  I am still taking the vitamin D tablets but just feel generally overwhelmed and frustrated that I am not getting on with things as quickly as I want to.

It seems to be really cold all over the country at the moment some places more than others.  Are we on for a white Christmas this year folks?  I think perhaps we might be.  It has been a bit of a chaotic year on the weather front in any event but something about the heat of the summer and the cold thus far is ringing bells from my youth when we really had bitter windows.

OH has had the rest of last night's dinner.  There was enough for me but I just could not fancy it.  I have had a couple of toasted teacakes with some cheese in any event.  I have had enough to eat - its just some days I cannot fancy stuff.  I shall snap out of it.  Will have to give myself a stiff talking to.  Go away Black Dog!

Hope to be in a better space tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah. Its been holding on a little too tightly. Just have to wait for it to work itself out. Take care. Tricia x

      Delete
  2. Big hugs to you. You must rest - as you say it’s the only way to shake this off. Keep warm and comfortable xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennie, thank you very much. Part of the problem is I have a reduced immune system so a mild cold to everyone else hangs on for quite a bit longer and is often a bit more intense. Not a lot I can do apart from take the pills for the conditions responsible. Just one of those things. It will go xx

      Delete
  3. Best wishes for a better day tomorrow.
    I enjoy your blog, so sorry you are sick.
    Pam in Texas.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, thank you for your kind words and I am chuffed you enjoy the blog. I am never quite sure what I prattle on about that everyone will enjoy. The cold will go eventually. Take care and thank you for reading xxx

      Delete
  4. I hope you feel better soon. Years ago I had a terrible cough, where I was able to go about my daily routine, and shop, etc, but the cough wouldn't go away. I didn't notice having a fever during the day, it was low grade. I finally called the doctor's office to see if they could prescribe any stronger cough medicine for me. They said the one I was taking was very strong, and I shouldn't be coughing like I was.
    They asked about any other symptoms. My only other symptom, other than the cough, was that I was perspiring heavily, not all over, but my face and head to the point of my hair being damp from it. They made room for me to come in that day. It turned out that according to the chest x ray, I had pneumonia. The cough had been going on for weeks. Here in the US some people call it "walking pneumonia" because one is able to be up and walking. I was lucky that it hadn't gotten worse or inflamed my asthma.

    Take care. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie, I have had pneumonia before - that is one of the reasons with a chest infection they usually put me on antibiotics. The main culprit is a reduced immune system due to a few medical conditions for which I take medication full time. What is a simple cold to everyone else though usually ends up crippling me though because of that. It will sort itself out eventually. But thank you for your good wishes in any event. Take care Tricia x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts