Good afternoon Peeps

Its been a busy day so far - I am in the kitchen again.  Much needed after my "black dog" days this week.  Thank you for your kind words, suggestions and care It is very much appreciated.  Thank you each and everyone. When I get like this I am usually only like it for a day - two at most but it seems to have been most of the week for which I apologise.  

The dishwasher is on doing sterling service, I am washing and wiping everything down and have the walls and floors to scrub as well. (Monthly strip out) Later on (if not today) I have some orange marmalade, lemon marmalade and lemon and ginger marmalade to make.  I also have some vegetables to prepare for the fridge so it is all steam ahead in the kitchen.  I am taking my time and things so far seem to be progressing nicely and to plan.  I also have some shallots to prepare  - basically I just peel them and tidy them up bung them into a freezer bag and then put them in the freezer.  Everytime I have a joint or need a bit more flavour in a meal I add these from frozen.  They usually help my roast potatoes go all nice and caramelised.  We need some of these to have with the Turkey in any event so they are always useful to stockpile and it is another job safely out of the way in the preparation of Christmas and/or Sunday dinners.  You can of course use them in casseroles and stew as well.

Once the dishwasher has finished this jaunt I will pop in the new jam jars and also some storage jars that are going to be put back into use get them clean and then at least on the jar side I am going to be ready for the marmalade session and adding things to jars.  I am fed up of the cornflour packet going absolutely everywhere.

We have paid our weekly visit to the freezer and have stocked up on meals for the week.  We have some faggots, steak, lamb steaks, mince, a joint of beef for tomorrow night's dinner, chicken, some peas, brussels and parsnip and some broccoli florets as well. The joint of beef is bigger than usual but as I have said to OH if we get an extra meal out of it (like I normally do with a joint) and there is anything left he can have it in his sarnies with some horseradish (he does not do mustard).

We have a small piece of pork for tea tonight - just a scrappy bit that needs using up that should keep him happy.

I have in mind during the week to make a couple of vegetable quiches and put them up in the freezer as I quite frequently like this sort of thing but he doesn't do quiche.

I also have a yen for a homemade Treacle sponge.  Now that really is talking to me served with home made custard.  However as I have some bread to use up it may well be a bread and butter pudding which is also a firm favourite or indeed bread pudding served in strips  - he could take some in his pack up then.  Well worth buying reduced bread to make something like this as it saves the pennies.

Right must get a wriggle on hope you are all having either a relaxing afternoon or if busy that everything is working out well and going to plan.

Am off to get on catch up soon.

Pattypan


xxx


P.S.  I seem to have some new followers just to say welcome and make yourself comfortable and hope that you enjoy reading.

Kind regards.


Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts