Home Made Decorations

Always add a charm of their own to the Christmas house.  I am always finding ideas and I save them on my Pinterest boards.

I have recently found the following and although I do not have time this year to make these I am going to start making them in the New Year.  I am going to have a couple of large boxes one for home made presents to go into and one for home made decorations.   I am thinking along the lines of embroidered and patchwork throws at the moment and also some festive cushions and other individual pieces. Some of these I intend starting over the Christmas break inbetween everything else.  I have jelly roll strips in Christmas fabrics as well as pastels and other printed fabrics so I intend to stock up on threads before Christmas so that I can really play.  I also intend to master the embroidery machine as well.  I have seen some lovely panels (the programmes for which will need purchasing) to create some really lovely and different pieces.

However I know some of you have children and grandchildren and some of the projects could be really fun to make together in the run up to Christmas and make special memories for the children or grandchildren in the process.


Here are the links:



Reindeer Garland at the Proper Blog

This has Santa's sleigh as well.  You could also make this three D by making it out of felt.   There is a downloadable template on this blog. Could also be used to make Christmas Cushions.






The next one is from the Gold Jelly Bean Blog.  Basically it uses bow tie pasta to create a Christmas garland.  A nice one for the kidlets to make or the big kidlets.



These two were from the House Beautiful craft section and more ideas are here



I also liked this wreath.  There does not appear to be a tutorial just a picture.



I particularly liked this decoration from Caths Pennies which is a decoration ready to buy.  Still looks very effective.



https://cathspenniesdesigns.com/product-category/holiday-ornament-patterns-misc/

There are some other lovely ornaments here too.

There is also this crazy patchwork stocking to make from a website called snapguide.





There is also this delightful patchwork star decoration from Ros Made Me 




In fact there are so many lovely links that for the time being I am going to stop here.  When I get a few more minutes I will pop up some  more of my favourites.  All worth having a go at.  All these home made decorations also make your home individual and you can add your own spin by following the decoration as is and choosing your own fabrics or by glamming it up with some jingle bells or beads.  All puts the individual touch on the pieces you choose to make.

Hope this has given you some ideas.  If you are anything like me you will not be short on ideas just the time to do them.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Love,love,love the reindeer garland, the template is now printed off and I will be crafting sometime tomorrow. I have brown paper and am sure there is some red to be had somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam, it is lovely but I saw all sorts of other potential in it as well. I have a thing about cushion covers at the moment and am planning for next year to make several using the applique and the embroidery machine to embellish. Finding the templates to start with is a boon. Hope you are keeping well. Take care Tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts