Instead of Cleaning I have been cooking!


OH worked overtime again this  morning and unusually by the time he came home I was starving.  So I set too and we had beans on toast just as a little something to keep us going inbetween now and tea.  Since then I have been busy in the kitchen.  Cooking.



It all started with the left over pasta sauce from last night.  From one pack of mince and the bits to make the sauce I ended up with a large saucepan full of sauce.  Not one to waste things I have set too and have been cooking.  



Project 1



To start off with I have made Lasagna.  All I have had to do is make my cheese sauce and then layer it.  Now there is a meal for one night in the week ready and sorted to go.



Project 2



There was still plenty of sauce left and so I have set too and turned this into chilli, with some kidney beans, and lots of chilli.  So that is now in the fridge ready for in the week.



Project 3



There was still a pack of mince ready to use in the fridge and so I have turned this into a Cottage pie.



Project 4



I have cooked a chicken.  To be eaten with veggies, or to be eaten with bread and butter or chips.  I have stripped off the main bits for this purpose.  The remnants are going to be used as below in Project 5 and 6.



Project 5



I have made a chicken stew from the remnants of this chicken meat with the addition of some veggies.



Project 5



I have started the chicken stock from the bones of this chicken and also the chicken we had in the week.  Veggies have been added and put in the slow cooker.  This will be left on low overnight to make the stock.  A good base for soups and gravies during the week.



So I am quite chuffed with what I have managed to do this afternoon.



OH now has access to a microwave at work which means that he can take something that can be warmed up and do him more good in the longer run for lunch as well as have a decent meal when he gets in.



Hopefully that should do us for the week but I can also set too and do something else if needs be but at least we have plenty to go at.


Right off to get tonight's tea. 

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

X
x

Comments

Popular Posts