Planning on Fresh Greenery



The Holly and the Ivy 
When they are both full grown
Of all the trees that are in the Wood
The Holly bears the Crown 
And the rising of the sun and the running of the deer
And the playing of the merry organ
Sweet singing in the choir



I love fresh greenery in the house at Christmas and ideally I would love a fresh Christmas tree but that is not going to happen here as we are restricted on space somewhat.  However for me the scent and lush look of natural foliage and natural Christmas trees is second to none. But you have to deal with what you have but it does not stop me aspiring for natural foliage all the way round for the future both outside and in.

As I am not working at the moment I am hoping this year to actually go gathering Ivy from the garden and Holly with berries (from the front garden) and also Laurel and Bay to incorporate into a few decorations in any event.  I do have several artificial garlands and wreaths of different compositions.  I tend to do what I can with the back door and the front door to make it look festive I usually do fresh outside though and keep the faux ones for inside.

I have always wanted a proper big fire place with proper fresh garlands to decorate.  For me any future home will have to have an open fire or two or log burners and the dream an Aga/Rayburn - the large one




Bearing in mind that I love greenery and I am sure that I am not the only person to do so, I was browsing  on the Waitrose site and came up with the following links for doing things yourself in the run up to Christmas, how to choose and how to do things and a couple of other ideas besides.  These are located on the following links.
christmas-centrepiece

https://www.waitroseflorist.com/christmas-inspiration

There is also a short video (a clip from a programme I believe) that discusses ivy, mistletoe and holly.  




For those of you who wish to buy rather than have a go yourself there are some lovely ones to be had from here.  This is the Rocket Gardens site.  I have bought plants from them and they have been superb. Even if you do not buy the wreaths or greenery from them etc.  it might give you some ideas on what to do for yourself.

Christmas


Some lovely ideas all the way round.

Are you going to do greenery for Christmas and have a go at doing your own displays.

And finally to put you in the mood "Mistletoe and Wine" 




Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts