Saturday roundup

We have had trouble with the radiators not getting hot enough and as OH has been home today which he has not been for the past few weeks and he has done a little investigating.  It turns out that we have had an airlock in one of the radiators which he has now unleashed.  The heat is now back up to full strength. Ah.

Its been another damp and chilly day here which I think is why I have noticed that the house was not as warm as it could be.  We are going to check out another radiator tomorrow.  The new one that was dealt with today you use a screwdriver.  The one to be checked tomorrow uses a key.  I think I know where it is but am not absolutely sure so will have to scout around for that this evening and then if I cannot find it see whether OH can come up with anything to fix it.  

I have noticed that the front half of the house does not appear to be as warm as the back (although the loo and bathroom and the kitchen always tend to be cooler when the wind is in the wrong direction.  It is starting to get really chilly out again.

One of the things that I have been doing is if I get really cold I go outside for a little while and then come back in again - it really makes you appreciate how warm it actually is.  OH cannot stand too much heat whereas I cannot bear the cold so instead of just putting the heating on I have either been putting on an extra jumper or going out for a while and it seems to be doing the trick.

We are having roast pork for tea but I am just serving it with some home made chips rather than doing all veg etc.  He is getting a full roast tomorrow in any event.

I have also roasted a Squash with a little chilli powder on it as I intend to make some soup tomorrow.  As I have the small oven only on for the pork I thought I might as well get my money's worth and cook it up at the same time.

Catch  you soon.

Pattypan

Comments

Popular Posts