"What a difference a day makes"

The Grey cloudy, drizzly weather of the past few days has gone.  I have woken up to the sun shining, a blue sky and it gives a different complexion to everything today. It is chilly, but then we are technically in the winter months so that is au natural. It is funny how the weather affects your soul but I also think a lot of it is down to colour as well.  

A lot of people just see black and white.  I am not one of those people, I see the black, white and the grey in between plus a myriad of other colours to boot.  I am lucky, that colour informs so many things and gives so much information.

I also seem to be very receptive to colour naturally recognising information by just seeing a colour and processing it without any effort.

So today is for me a much brighter day in oh so many ways.  As the saying goes "what a difference a day makes".

I am hoping the weather carries over to first thing tomorrow morning so that I can go on my little foraging trip with Missy.  I need it to be dry for picking up twigs, cones and teasel heads which I intend to make some Christmas decorations from.  However my main interest is for the wilding fruits that I am able to gather which will greatly add to the pantry preserves as well as make useful gifts. As I have mentioned before I will probably then set too on Saturday evening and start the processing.  In the afternoon I have some work to do on the bathroom to tidy it up a bit more.

However that wretched cold is still hanging on and is not letting up much.


However as in the words of the song by John Denver "Sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy".  

Simple pleasures are the best.  I hope today is good for you too.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. I hope that the weather is just as good tomorrow, and that you get all the fruits you need. Meanwhile, don't overdo things as that cold sounds very stubborn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi BB, the weather was glorious and I did managed to get quite a lot of what I was after. The cold is being a right severe pain. I hold onto things longer because of the reduced immune system problems - not by choice just take a heck of a long time to work themselves out. Take care dear friend xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts