Soup

A meal in itself made from next to nothing nine times out of ten.  OH is not so keen but I am thinking about myself here and getting into a routine of feeding myself for next to nothing as well.  Not that I do not make a lot of soups but I am inherently interested in any recipe that may be able to help me health- wise.  I recently saw this post Immune boosting soups which I am going to give a whirl.  Vegetables are good for you and with some home made bread to dunk I think this would be a very good option for me midday.  Warming and filling.  That is going to be particularly needed if the really bad weather that has been forecast puts in an appearance.  I particularly like the sound of the sweet potato, carrot and ginger soup to start with.  Vegetables are easily digested by one's system and are more so than meat so they really are good for you.  Not that I am a veggie but I do like some particular recipes.  I am fond of Carrot and Coriander.  I love sweet potato cooked in the microwave like a baked potato and then spread liberally with butter.  That is so satisfying.

I am just keeping my fingers crossed and toes plaited that if the snow and bad weather does put in an appearance that it will not be as bad as envisaged.  Foodwise with the soup we should be able to keep warm.

I might also make some leek and potato soup as I have some leeks that need using up.  Maybe also some of my leek relish for sarnies and pepping up meat platters etc.


As it happens I have sweet potato, ginger and carrots inhouse at the moment. I may well make myself a batch of this for during the week.  We do have toad in the hole tomorrow night with mashed potatoes and carrot and swede crush for tea.  Yummy.

Soup not only fills you up it is also good for the soul and is comforting and warming and makes you feel better about yourself  especially when it is cold.

I hope that this time next year I will be able to use my own carrots and maybe sweet potatoes to make this with.  Now that would be a result.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I was going to make a Carrot and Ginger soup at the weekend, but got too busy to stay long enough in the kitchen to make it! Ah well, today's another day.

    Soup is so filling and warming and I make it regularly in the winter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts